cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another green check mark offer at 11/24?

tag
jedifrogman2
Valued Member

Another green check mark offer at 11/24?

So last week I got a green check mark offer on Chase for CSP, and eager to get into the Sapphire ecosystem, I jumped on it. I also got approved for a Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select this past Monday, and that has yet to come in the mail. Now I'm at 11/24 and have been denied CLI's due to inquiries (I think CK says I have something like 20 inquiries), and creditors are basically saying "dude, take a chill pill".

Now, however, Chase is giving me a green check mark offer for CFU. I already have Freedom and CSP and even though this would form kind of a Chase "mini-fecta" as it were (I'll try to upgrade Preferred to Reserve next year probably), I'm kind of hesitant to jump on this. I'm not sure Chase's systems have cycled since getting the CSP, and I don't want to get shut down!

My gut is saying this is too good to be true and I should indeed give it a rest. The offer is a solid interest rate, but it isn't very attractive. I would always PIF anyway, but still.

Thoughts?

Starting FICO 10-2012: EX 427, TU 483
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another green check mark offer at 11/24?

Follow your gut instincts. Better to be safe than sorry with Chase. 

Message 2 of 8
jedifrogman2
Valued Member

That's the confirmation I was seeking. I think I pretty much knew that, but just needed to hear it. The goal of the recent push was to increase total credit to improve utilization. My total credit is up more than 11x over this time a year ago; I can probably have a seat in the garden for a while.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not in the chase ecosystem yet but from what I hear, Chase doesnt like many new accounts.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jedifrogman2 wrote:

That's the confirmation I was seeking. I think I pretty much knew that, but just needed to hear it. The goal of the recent push was to increase total credit to improve utilization. My total credit is up more than 11x over this time a year ago; I can probably have a seat in the garden for a while.

Gardening is never a bad idea. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, given that you were recently approved for CSP last week, if you were to apply for CFU (regardless of the green checkmark offer), it would likely have one of 2 outcomes: declined or approved (and eventually shut down by their PRR group).

So, as mentioned above, I would follow your instincts of just lettings things chill for a while.
Message 6 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

It must feel nice to see more green check offers BUT dont do it!! I have read so many threads about being approved for two chase CCs close together and one getting closed quickly by chase.
Message 7 of 8
jedifrogman2
Valued Member

Yeah I think I'm done for a while. I'm starting to get to the point anyway where I'm running out of stuff to use each card at for the best benefit.

Gas: Freedom
Dining: CSP
Groceries: Discover It CB

Hotels: Amex Hilton or SPG (both regular)

Flights: Citi AA Platinum Select

Large-ish purchases when I need time to pay: Cap One QS (at least through the end of the year)

Everything else might be used for purchases on a rotating basis just to prevent getting auto-closed due to inactivity.

The one (and probably only) exception is a pre-approval for Amex Gold, which would complement the CSP very nicely, and that combination might outweigh the CSR.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.