cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any cards out there give pre-approval with limit?

tag
jonblaze24
New Contributor

Any cards out there give pre-approval with limit?

Besides the Apple card? I am looking at the possibility of adding one more card to the bunch, but my last two approvals went from $9,000 to $1,000 (with a better score than the first) which was a major, major disappointment.....so I'm looking to avoid the inquiry if it's a real low starting limit. Apple gave me $2,000 which isn't terrible, but am looking to get higher. Scores are in the 690 range. Any input would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any cards out there give pre-approval with limit?

@jonblaze24 wrote:

Besides the Apple card? I am looking at the possibility of adding one more card to the bunch, but my last two approvals went from $9,000 to $1,000 (with a better score than the first) which was a major, major disappointment.....so I'm looking to avoid the inquiry if it's a real low starting limit. Apple gave me $2,000 which isn't terrible, but am looking to get higher. Scores are in the 690 range. Any input would be appreciated!

@jonblaze24 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-pull-PREAPPROVALs-Updated-4-20-21/m-p/59...

ETA: https://www.fnbo.com/personal-banking/credit-cards/

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonblaze24 wrote:

FNBO does

Message 3 of 14
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

BBVA and fnbo do

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 4 of 14
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@jonblaze24 wrote:

FNBO would be my recommendation. Their pre-approval was spot on for me and at 2% back unlimited on everything it is one of the better cards out there

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nasa-fcu just did for me but it sounds like the pre-approval isn't very accurate. I went to review and it's an hp to app.others have commented same thing.
Message 6 of 14
thewally
New Contributor

I've never seen anyone post here about it before but Deserve has a "digital first" card that does that too.  You apply via an app and it's instantly available in ApplePay.

https://www.deserve.com

Message 7 of 14
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@jonblaze24 wrote:

Fair warning: Comenity is notorious for "pre-approving" cards with certain limits, but then playing the Lucy to your Charlie Brown when the approval happens.

This happened to DW when she was pre-approved for the IKEA card and a $6,000 CL...only to be approved for $750 when the application completed.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@jonblaze24 wrote:

@jonblaze24 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-pull-PREAPPROVALs-Updated-4-20-21/m-p/59...

ETA: https://www.fnbo.com/personal-banking/credit-cards/

Good Luck!

Thank you @jonblaze24  for asking this question regarding pre-approval limit. Didn't know they have something like this.

Thank you for the link @M_Smart007 . I tried FNBO out and received a message below. Not sure I am ready yet. I wanted to but I want to get PenFed PathFinder and Sofi. I tried several others but I am getting automatic no offers from Well Fargo and Nasa. Discover and Walmart Capital says I am qualified but unlike BBVA (link is dead) and FNBO there are no potential credit limit offer. Amex Denied. Capital One from the current cards (CLI) probably would be denied too. SunTrust is offering me a credit again but I don't trust their offer since the last time I tried it, I ran into a technical issue and then the offer button dissapeared from my auto loan page. When I tried it again, I was denied. I am itchy to pull some trigger buttons.For whatever reason, Fico reports are not showing SunTrust HP but on Vantage reports showing a lot of HP. I am a bit confused of which is which.

For FNBO, let's say if I don't apply right now and everything remains the same on my credit report, I can try again right at later time? Thanks.

Apply for this card, and your benefits could be:
Credit Limit
APR1
$15,000.00
14.99%
With this card you will enjoy:

Earn Unlimited 2% CASH BACK2 on every purchase. Every day. Everywhere.

$200 cash bonus (20,000 points equivalent) when you spend $1,000 within the first 3 billing cycles after the account is opened.2

No rewards expiration2

Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, ACH deposit into a checking or savings account or a check.2

0% introductory APR1 for the first 12 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers after account is opened. After that, a variable APR1 based on the Prime Rate between 14.99% and 23.99% APR depending on your creditworthiness.

A balance transfer fee1 of 5% applies to each balance transfer you make (minimum $10) .

No Annual Fee1

Message 9 of 14
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For FNBO, let's say if I don't apply right now and everything remains the same on my credit report, I can try again right at later time? Thanks.

Pre-approval is nothing set in stone. So you can app again later, and with everything on your profile staying the same but just aging, you should be offered at least the same as a later date. But as others have stated there is no guarantee that any pre-qualify offer will be honored or even approved at all.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.