cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone DENEID for Venture that was pre-approved?

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Also, is it the VENTURE ONE or VENTURE?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone DENEID for Venture that was pre-approved?

Yes there has been a few cases... not alot though

Message 2 of 11
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

This is a good question, but I would like to know who has been approved and not pre-approved on the website. This is also important as this is probably the last card I am thinking about applying for the rest of the year. I am very happy with the credit cards I have obtained. This Venture one catches my eye since there is no AF. American Express Delta has a 95 dollar membership fee.

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 3 of 11
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I was declined for the Venture and QS and was preapproved.  In fact, I am still showing preapproved.  Reason for decline:  Income doesn't support credit line. (or something like that).  Household income is 104,000 and my personal is 53k.  No other reasons given.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 4 of 11
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Wow, with the amazing Fico score numbers and still got declined? I am veryyy surprised! Sorry to read about your decline, so I guess CapOne pre-approval is not that strong after all.

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Wow, with the amazing Fico score numbers and still got declined? I am veryyy surprised! Sorry to read about your decline, so I guess CapOne pre-approval is not that strong after all.

Right.  It's been mentioned a few times that while most results may yield with approvals (solid or golden as most people call it), there's no guarantee that everyone will get approved, despite the initial pre-approval results.  It happens, same with Chase, FNBO, Barclays, etc. (mailers or online).

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

not me, but ive heard some have.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays? I wish they had their pre-qualifier back haha!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife was nervous because she was not preapproved, but applied anyway, got the under review notice, not instantly approved. Along came the mail about 6 days later with a Venture card $20K limit.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang what does one income have to be for Venture?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.