Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree

Currently doing an app spree, and before i pull the trigger on the final card i want (Citi Best Buy card) before i head back into the garden, i was wondering if anyone can tell me if you CLI a current CITI card you have if that would prevent you from being approved for another CITI card, as the preapproval page with CITI didnt net me any offers.

I apped for

AMEX Cash magnet (denied, not a long enough customer)

Cap One Savor (waiting on answer)

Discover Chrome (approved 4K)

Lowes (approved, 2k )

CLI for CITI card, approved +$700

current scores: Trans/Equifax: 740, Fico 8:691 (was 698 but dropped from inquiries)

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree

Congrats on your approvals and your CLI.  I wouldn't encourage you to waste a hardpull so reserve the Citi app for another time.  This is just my opinion of course and you can do as you please.  But it is best you wait it out since you have had an app. spree.

Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approvals and your CLI.  I wouldn't encourage you to waste a hardpull so reserve the Citi app for another time.  This is just my opinion of course and you can do as you please.  But it is best you wait it out since you have had an app. spree.

+1

Once I get a denial, I stop my run.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

The CLI shouldn’t matter as far as being approved for another Citi card, but Citi can be finicky at times. All those recent cards may bother them. Honestly it could go either way.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with everyone thats posted. I cold apped for the BB Visa and was shot down due to too many recently opened accounts ...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! Hopefully, C1 will come through.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:
The CLI shouldn’t matter as far as being approved for another Citi card, but Citi can be finicky at times. All those recent cards may bother them. Honestly it could go either way.

Thnks for the answer, none of the new accounts have hit my account yet so I went for it anyway (I really wanted that card) I didn't get an instant approval, but I called, they verified my info and got the Visa with a 4k limit, so very happy. Now to garden till my inqus from my car fall off in November and hope AMEX is a bit friendlier so I can get the cards from them I want.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval @Anonymous.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread with any DPs in the Approvals forum if you wish.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.