Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Application in Wallet Full Social Security Number Wanted

tag
NightTrader
Valued Member

Apple Card Application in Wallet Full Social Security Number Wanted

I am trying prequalification for an apple card in my wallet and for the first time, the application is asking for full my social security number.  Has anyone seen this before? I don't think I will proceed, I don't want a hard pull. I also tried on apple.com and received the same ... asking for full social security number. I wonder what changed.

I get a message that states Goldman Sachs Bank USA needs a few more details before they can approve your application. Please enter your full Social Security number. This is the first time I have received this message and not a denial after trying for last year. 

NightTrader

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card Application in Wallet Full Social Security Number Wanted

I think it is normal and they do soft on TU. . There won't be a hard inq until you accept the offer. 

Message 2 of 7
Trini88
Established Contributor

They did that to me last year trying to apply the 2nd time. I didn't proceed. Months later they only asked for my last 4. No clue why they wanted my full social on my 2nd application and I didn't want a hard pull by providing it (my thinking process, don't care if it was wrong).

Goal Cards:
Message 3 of 7
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I think it is normal and they do soft on TU. . There won't be a hard inq until you accept the offer. 

^This^. Regardless of full or last 4 it's a SP until you accept their Offer if you are preapproved.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

100% you will not get a HP unless you accept an offer. They're like that with the buy power card too

Message 5 of 7
KingReem
Valued Member

Question to the OP did you happen to freeze any of your reports EX, TU or EQ because I froze all 3 plus innovis/sagestream as well as Clarity and FactorTrust because the same thing happened to me tonight I didn't proceed the fine print also stated that it will remain in their system for 30 days

Message 6 of 7
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I had to provide my full SSN when I applied for the Apple Card in 2019, so I believe this is a standard procedure for many applications. Also, you won't get a hard pull unless you receive an offer and choose to accept it.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.