Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card / BK7 DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card / BK7 DPs

Hi folks

Just wanted to share an interesting change. You can see in my siggy my 1-yr old BK7. I've applied for the Apple Card since August and always denied with "recent BK." Since there's no HP there's no risk to my CS. So I do it to see what reasons they give me for denial which show up in a nearly instantaneous email after the application. I applied a couple of days ago and got totally different response. Here are two screenshots from an email April 1 which is an email I have always gotten and the one I got the other day. 

I've recently put some cards to heavy use due to a recent move. And my rehabbed student loans (3/27/20 done!) are STILL NOT showing up on my CR which will age it considerably.

But I thought it was interesting that the BK7 no longer shows for a denial reason. So maybe "recent" = 1 year.

Also maybe these are the TOP three reasons and they don't list the others...?

914EDE0B-EE9B-4F02-BD9E-DE5AB6166429.jpeg

D97EADA8-3D1F-4651-B59E-023216E0C9F0.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card / BK7 DPs

They are still denying you because of your BK.  Sorry

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>8/2024 All 3 reports 835ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 6
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

OP, I still get the same message that I've been past due and my BK was discharged back on 4/2017. I haven't had any late payments since my BK was filed back on 12/2016 (got my first cc back on 3/2017). I apply monthly and continue to get the same decline reason. I think your BK7 has to be 3 years old or older to get approved as long as your credit is in good shape. 

54AF71AD-3904-42CD-8AF4-F189DBB8CAB0.jpeg

This person got approved at the 3 year mark post BK7. His Fico scores were in the mid to high 700's also. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Apple-Card-approval-with-BK7/m-p/5704638

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's interesting. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

OP, I still get the same message that I've been past due and my BK was discharged back on 4/2017. I haven't had any late payments since my BK was filed back on 12/2016 (got my first cc back on 3/2017). I apply monthly and continue to get the same decline reason. I think your BK7 has to be 3 years old or older to get approved as long as your credit is in good shape. 

54AF71AD-3904-42CD-8AF4-F189DBB8CAB0.jpeg

This person got approved at the 3 year mark post BK7. His Fico scores were in the mid to high 700's also. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Apple-Card-approval-with-BK7/m-p/5704638

But your BK is 3 years. Are you still getting a denial?@soxfaininfl ? 

Message 5 of 6
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

OP, I kept getting the same message from 8/2019 to 2/2020 (kept applying monthly) but unfortunately my overall UTI (was at 3% when I started applying) has been climbing due to a lot of expenses and my fico 9 has been dropping (669 to 619). I'm now at a 22% (24k cc debt) UTI overall with a Fico 9 of 617 on TU. I still have no late payments since the BK discharge.

I just applied and now (started to get this decline message in March) got the following due to high UTI and too many accounts with balances. I have to get my overall UTI back down. Unfortunately my wife's employeement has been affected by the pandemic, so I'm having to save instead of applying the snowball method.

No Apple Card for me anytime soon. Unfortunately, we are an Apple household (4 iPhones, 3 iPads, 1 iPod touch & 2 Apple TV's). We also have Apple Music, Apple News and Apple TV+, so we would definitely benefit from the 3% for the services and movie rentals. Heck I'd be happy with a 100 limit. Oh well. I'm very thankful that I'm still employed because a lot of people aren't!

A3AF5AFB-BACC-4E36-8308-CFFE8794CB66.jpeg

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.