Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Velocity and Denial Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application Velocity and Denial Help

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and looking for advice and willing to help wherever I can.  I keep getting denied, and think its due to Velocity.  Need some advice on how long to wait and what banks to apply to in what order:

Current Stats:  FICO 793, 9/24, 8HP/6mos, 4cards/30 days, 8 cards/6months

Recent Apps: 

1. 4/23 - BoA Preferred... Denied... too many new cards  (no BoA cards, opened checking account 1 month ago)
  2. 4/2 - Barclays AA Personal... Denied...too many recent credit inquiries
  3. 3/25- Chase Ink Preferred... Denied... Business too new (opened a CIU in Jan)
  4. 3/20 - Amex Green... Denied...Amex relationship too new (Amex Green Biz Feb)

I have tried recon mutiple time with no success.  Please let me know your advice. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Dilbert934
New Contributor

Re: Application Velocity and Denial Help

Garden....

Message 2 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

You have alot of new accounts in a short period of time.

As the other poster suggested you need to stop applying and let your accounts age a bit.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is a good length of time to wait?  2 months?  6 months?  

I find patience to apply trying... get anxious to get the benefits. Perhaps look at bank accounts for a few months. 

Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and looking for advice and willing to help wherever I can.  I keep getting denied, and think its due to Velocity.  Need some advice on how long to wait and what banks to apply to in what order:

Current Stats:  FICO 793, 9/24, 8HP/6mos, 4cards/30 days, 8 cards/6months

Recent Apps: 

1. 4/23 - BoA Preferred... Denied... too many new cards  (no BoA cards, opened checking account 1 month ago)
  2. 4/2 - Barclays AA Personal... Denied...too many recent credit inquiries
  3. 3/25- Chase Ink Preferred... Denied... Business too new (opened a CIU in Jan)
  4. 3/20 - Amex Green... Denied...Amex relationship too new (Amex Green Biz Feb)

I have tried recon mutiple time with no success.  Please let me know your advice. 

Thank you

That's simple, decelerate. 

Message 5 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP and welcome to MyFICO

The lenders who declined you gave excellent advice—too many new cards, too many recent inquiries, and relationship too new.

It’s time to take this advice to heart. Garden for 6-12 months and try again. One application every six months.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advice.  Past 4 months have been quite addictive, gonna be a hard 6 months.  Will work on some bank bonuses and P2. 

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can also join some great folks in the Garden Club to strengthen your commitment toward your future goals @Anonymous 

Message 8 of 9
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

And here I clicked on the post because I thought it was about the Velocity credit card. Wrong type of velocity Smiley Happy

https://www.velocitycu.com/creditcard

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.