cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied with Citi, Hard Pull, Can't find App

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Applied with Citi, Hard Pull, Can't find App

I applied with Citi today for the Fly Now, Pay Later plan with American Airlines. There was an immediate hard pull on my credit, and I was given a notice to wait 7-10 days for a response. Like usual, I call into the bank. They told me they were unable to find the application, we tried my SSN even down to my name and address. Question being, if they don't have an application in their system (because they told me they would have it instantaneously), what should I do about the hard pull? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Applied with Citi, Hard Pull, Can't find App

Which number did you call? The American Airlines (non-core Citi) card is handled by a different department. This isn't the regular Citi AAdvantage CCs.

Also, by law, you are required to receive a notification by mail associated with the outcome of your credit application. So just because they (whoever you contacted) could not access or view the application it doesn't mean that the HP is invalid. You legitimately applied and effectively that is consent to access your CR. So, just wait for the letter.
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

Good info FinStar. I would have to think either one of or both will happen. Either the OP needs to get ahold of the correct department, or if not, then the letter will come. Not sure I see a circumstance playing out where the HP will be able to be disputed.

Total Credit: $240,100Credit Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5 years, 7 monthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanNegatives: 0

LOWES-35k | BOA-32.5k | AMEX-30k | DISC-27.1k | ALLIANT-25k | NFCU-25k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CHASE-10k | WAL-10k | CITI-9.7k | PENFED-9.7k

Message 3 of 6
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:
Which number did you call? The American Airlines (non-core Citi) card is handled by a different department. This isn't the regular Citi AAdvantage CCs.

Also, by law, you are required to receive a notification by mail associated with the outcome of your credit application. So just because they (whoever you contacted) could not access or view the application it doesn't mean that the HP is invalid. You legitimately applied and effectively that is consent to access your CR. So, just wait for the letter.
I called the main Citi number again this morning and the representative was very knowledgeable and got me over to the correct department. Still displaying a 7-10 notice, so I guess I'll wait. Thanks for the information guys.

Message 4 of 6

With Citi you really can't rush things... my own app with them a couple of years ago took right at three weeks from app to approval.  With the extra week for the card to be mailed it was nearly a month from app to card-in-hand.  Smiley Indifferent

After the first week or so I got impatient and called one of the backdoor numbers, where I was told there was nothing they needed; basically I just needed to wait.  They eventually sent me an email instructing me to call them (which I felt was rather ironic)... the account was approved during that call.

It was definitely a lesson in patience, but it all worked out in the end.  Hang in there!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Valued Member

@UncleB wrote:

With Citi you really can't rush things... my own app with them a couple of years ago took right at three weeks from app to approval.  With the extra week for the card to be mailed it was nearly a month from app to card-in-hand.  Smiley Indifferent

After the first week or so I got impatient and called one of the backdoor numbers, where I was told there was nothing they needed; basically I just needed to wait.  They eventually sent me an email instructing me to call them (which I felt was rather ironic)... the account was approved during that call.

It was definitely a lesson in patience, but it all worked out in the end.  Hang in there!  Smiley Wink

I appreciate the heads up. Just trying to be patient over here. Haha.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.