cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Business Rewards (Gold), Very Low Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX Business Rewards (Gold), Very Low Limit?

Ok so I recently got approved for the AMEX Businesz Rewards (Gold) and since it's a charge card it says no pre-set limit but I tried the "test how much you can spend" button.

I inputted $500 and it said NOPE. Then I tried $300 and still said NOPE. After that it didn't allow me anymore. Does AMX ever set a really low limit???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Business Rewards (Gold), Very Low Limit?

On my personal, I started at $2500 (when my ED card limit was $500).

When you tried the spend test button, had you already received and activated the card? The only thing I can think of for it to be that low is that you hadn't activated the card yet.

If you HAD activated the card, try calling Customer Service. They can override the lockout and will ask you for test amounts, they won't be able to tell you the secret limit, but they can reset the counter and try again for you. 

If you do have a low limit to start, it does move up pretty quickly. Last time I checked mine it was at $10k after a couple months (but not $11k). 

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.