cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Jovia.... I think?

tag
dpartn69

Approved for Jovia.... I think?

I don't post here much, so I don't have my stats in my signature yet.  But my Fico is 770-805 with 3% utilization. Credit file 10-14 years old depending which CRA you look at.  Clean file. Not sure which CRA they pulled yet, but hoping it was EQ as that only has a pair of inquires within the last 6 months. EX and TU probably have 6-9 hard pulls from the last week's spree.

I applied for Jovia membership yesterday and funded the savings account. I also applied for the credit card.

So, this morning I get a text saying that my plastic card (their words) is on the way. And provided a link to add a temporary card to Apple or Google pay.  Well the temporary card number they gave does not work even though they imply it is as its temporary until I get my card in the mail.

So, I go and double check application status on their website. It shows no record of my application. At this point I am starting to get nervous. I go into chat with them and send them screen shots of the text.  The rep said that its potentially the system giving a 'premature' issuance of account number and that the application has not yet reached the lending department. And to give it a couple days since she can't see any credit app made on her end.

This is a most unusual scenario to me. If I hadn't just applied for their card, I'd be suspicious of a text that started out by saying that my 'plastic card is on the way!'  But the rep indicated that it was more than likely their system being 'premature'.

So, has anyone else run into this issue with Jovia? I've just not had this occur before.  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Jovia.... I think?

@dpartn69 wrote:

I don't post here much, so I don't have my stats in my signature yet.  But my Fico is 770-805 with 3% utilization. Credit file 10-14 years old depending which CRA you look at.  Clean file. Not sure which CRA they pulled yet, but hoping it was EQ as that only has a pair of inquires within the last 6 months. EX and TU probably have 6-9 hard pulls from the last week's spree.

I applied for Jovia membership yesterday and funded the savings account. I also applied for the credit card.

So, this morning I get a text saying that my plastic card (their words) is on the way. And provided a link to add a temporary card to Apple or Google pay.  Well the temporary card number they gave does not work even though they imply it is as its temporary until I get my card in the mail.

So, I go and double check application status on their website. It shows no record of my application. At this point I am starting to get nervous. I go into chat with them and send them screen shots of the text.  The rep said that its potentially the system giving a 'premature' issuance of account number and that the application has not yet reached the lending department. And to give it a couple days since she can't see any credit app made on her end.

This is a most unusual scenario to me. If I hadn't just applied for their card, I'd be suspicious of a text that started out by saying that my 'plastic card is on the way!'  But the rep indicated that it was more than likely their system being 'premature'.

So, has anyone else run into this issue with Jovia? I've just not had this occur before.  Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it; their member service is not connected to their credit card servicing company, and usually has no idea what is actually going on. Likewise, their credit card servicing company is not connected to member service. I'm sure the card will arrive in due course.

Since you mention the HP's, I will say that to the best of my knowledge Jovia pulls TU FICO 4.

I have had experiences where a temporary card number furnished by the lender did not work, but the regular number which came when I got the card worked just fine.

When your card arrives, update us, and let us know.

Total revolving limits 589000 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 2 of 13
keekers
Valued Contributor

Congrats in advance.

Message 3 of 13
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

@dpartn69 wrote:

CUs can be a little funky sometimes. The other day I applied for their Visa Advantage and got an approval e-mail for their Visa Elite, then a message on their application microsite asking me which one I wanted lol

Message 4 of 13
dpartn69

Thanks for the info. I waited 3 days and they still couldn't find anything. The dashboard finally loaded yesterday to where I could see savings and checking accounts. At that point I reapplied and got prequallified page for auto (up to 50k), credit card (up to 40k) and personal loan (25k). So I reapplied for a card and was instantly approved for 25k. Well, instant to the extent that I had to go to the app status page and make inquirey.  I got an approval email asking to upload a copy of my ID which I did.

A day later and the account does not show up on my dashboard.  I went into chat and the CS person seemed a little off. But said cards take up to 14 days to get. I asked if they received my ID copy and she quickly said yes. Said that the account is something I need to register with the system when I get it?!? Is this accurate? Most all other CUs Ive taken cards with when you are approved the credit card shows on the dashboard. So, not entirely convinced this person knew what they were talking about.  But at least I have an email and their application status inquiry says I'm approved. So, hopefully just a waiting game now.

Message 5 of 13
britt585
Regular Contributor

Congrats . Can you or anyone else share membership requirements ? Are they geo fenced? 

Message 6 of 13
dpartn69

Not geo fenced. You have an option to join a qualifying group at signup.

Message 7 of 13
britt585
Regular Contributor

Thank you . Do they pull chex system ? I have mine locked !

Message 8 of 13
dpartn69

Not sure if they pull Chex.

@britt585 wrote:

Thank you . Do they pull chex system ? I have mine locked !

Message 9 of 13
Tdatb64
Contributor

You said you opened both savings and checking. Mightn't the "plastic card" to which they referred be your debit card? Seems, to me, the most likely explanation.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.