cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my approval odds better if I get in as an AU first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are my approval odds better if I get in as an AU first?

I've got a checkered past (discharged BK13 three months ago w  numerous burned banks) but am at 700 across the board and have 15K CL already combined w DC, Barclays, and C1---all on my own. 

I burned Chase a bit but am in the process of waiting for my AU w them to show up at bureaus before I apply solo.  

Your thoughts?  Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Are my approval odds better if I get in as an AU first?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got a checkered past (discharged BK13 three months ago w  numerous burned banks) but am at 700 across the board and have 15K CL already combined w DC, Barclays, and C1---all on my own. 

I burned Chase a bit but am in the process of waiting for my AU w them to show up at bureaus before I apply solo.  

Your thoughts?  Thanks

Chase is a no go if you burned them, AU don't really have much weight as far as the eyes of the lenders since you are not really responsible for the charges.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Don't waste your time with Chase 

1) BK to recent they won't touch you for awhile 

2) AU's don't count with them for approvals 

I'm actually surprised you got a DC...wow

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Although I should note that although I burned all the big banks due to the BK on all my CR's they show up as, obviously, "closed" BUT w no negative comments or classifications.  All are classified as "paid as agreed" w zero balances. I have zero "negative" accounts; just a public records "BK-13 discharged". 

ALSO: having been on a seven year credit hiatus I am quite anxious to get back into the 'game' and would greatly appreciate your insights rebuilding my empire.

ps. My BK was due solely to the housing market, not overextending via spending. 

Thanks all. 

Message 4 of 6
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I thought Citi was pretty strict on black listing-for 7 to 10 yrs?

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 5 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Although I should note that although I burned all the big banks due to the BK on all my CR's they show up as, obviously, "closed" BUT w no negative comments or classifications.  All are classified as "paid as agreed" w zero balances. I have zero "negative" accounts; just a public records "BK-13 discharged". 

ALSO: having been on a seven year credit hiatus I am quite anxious to get back into the 'game' and would greatly appreciate your insights rebuilding my empire.

ps. My BK was due solely to the housing market, not overextending via spending. 

Thanks all. 

It doesn't matter too much what is shows on your report and even if it falls off. If you didn't pay them back they are not a happy camper. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.