(0)
Forums
Up
0 Replies
Automated QS1 Denial
Cpt-GargameL Cpt-GargameL New Visitor
6:35 AM
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a few months and decided to join recently as I've started to make some changes in life to better my credit.

I started rebuilding in the mid 400's and now staND at 592 EQ 633 TU 590 EX. The progress I've made started when I opend a CO secured and a Discover secured card this past May/June. Also I've had some baddies from my report removed.

I monitor my credit on here, CO, Discover and CK. After seeing the you've been preapproved recommendation on CK I decided why not check with CO if I am truly pre-qualified. So I logged in to my CO and checked if I was PQ and I was preapproved for QS1 and "we also suggest" CO Platinum.

I went ahead and applied last night and was denied. This morning I checked my email and I get a stating the following :

"Based on your application information, there is a currently pending or recently processed
application with Capital One"

I'm a little confused because I haven't applied for CO since May and I've beenever reading around that you have to wait 30 days before you apply again. So I called customer service and they told me "typically you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again"

With that said the letter also stated that the application did not affect my credit so that's good.

Has anyone had a similar experience? And if so what are the best next best recommended steps of action?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automated QS1 Denial

There seems to be a new rule for Cap1 cards that you can only get 1 card every 6 months. So it looks like maybe you may have to wait till the Cap1 secured card turns 6 months.

Message 2 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Recently they have changed their rules , you can only have one account opened every 6 mths now , it sucks we just went thru the same thing , it's been five mth since we got our secured card with them and that's what we were told.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for tour reply! That makes sense now, guess I'll have to wait till October. I've gathered so much knowledge on this forum about building/maintaining credit that I probably wouldn't have elsewhere.
Message 4 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

There won't be a HP to your credit for that app is the good news!
Message 5 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And no problems yes this forum has been a MAJOR lifesaver for me for my journey in rebuilding !
Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there OP and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

I have removed your cross post on this topic from the Credit Card Forum and merged the responses there into this thread. Please do not cross post items of the same topic it can lead to confusion by the members and its not inline with our TOS. I thank you for your understanding on this.

Message 7 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I thought I read that about the CO new rule earlier this week. So it is in effect for real huh?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes it is , we tried to app after 5 mths of opening secured card only to be told we could not bc of "recent app on file" also my sister got the same message and she called to ask what was the time limit they told her 6 mths ..
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.