Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avant card, you hopeless tease...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avant card, you hopeless tease...

Anyway, I started checking Avant card's preapproval back in December 2018 when my score was in the 500s. Always got an email "Notice of Adverse Action" telling me sorry. I kept on trying each month, always getting rejected. But hey, they gave me my TU FICO score in the rejection email!

Then in the summer sometime, I thought, hey, I would like to know my TU FICO score right now (at this point my FICOs are in the 650s), why not apply to Avant so they can give it to me when they send me the Adverse Action email? Smiley LOL But when I tried, they APPROVED me! LOL! With an annual fee, so no thanks.

But then after about a week, I get another Adverse Action email, basically saying, "Oops, disregard our pre-approval last week, we found out we don't want you after all."

Last three times I tried, each time I got a preapproval and then that approval is rescinded later. At this point, even if I wanted the card, I wouldn't trust them to genuinely approve me!

Did it again last night, same thing. Preapproved.

I'll keep you updated on the inevitable, "Sorry, never mind" email coming next week!

Avant-preapproval-November-17-2019.gif

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Avant card, you hopeless tease...

Congratulations on your offer and renege and free TU score!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We appreciate your commitment to providing DPs for the forum 🤣. SP free TU Fico08 scores and CR coupons. 😁
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use them for the free Transunion Fico too!

I never even get the approval tease

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they only pull TU?
Message 5 of 7
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway, I started checking Avant card's preapproval back in December 2018 when my score was in the 500s. Always got an email "Notice of Adverse Action" telling me sorry. I kept on trying each month, always getting rejected. But hey, they gave me my TU FICO score in the rejection email!

Then in the summer sometime, I thought, hey, I would like to know my TU FICO score right now (at this point my FICOs are in the 650s), why not apply to Avant so they can give it to me when they send me the Adverse Action email? Smiley LOL But when I tried, they APPROVED me! LOL! With an annual fee, so no thanks.

But then after about a week, I get another Adverse Action email, basically saying, "Oops, disregard our pre-approval last week, we found out we don't want you after all."

Last three times I tried, each time I got a preapproval and then that approval is rescinded later. At this point, even if I wanted the card, I wouldn't trust them to genuinely approve me!

Did it again last night, same thing. Preapproved.

I'll keep you updated on the inevitable, "Sorry, never mind" email coming next week!

Avant-preapproval-November-17-2019.gif

When I got approved for the Avant card a year ago the procedure for actually getting the card was that once you got the "approval" screen you needed to actually go to your registered email account and "accept" the offer by using the link in the email (hence that statement that "you are just steps away").  I suppose it served the dual purpose of verifying your email address and giving them a hard acceptance from you.  There may have been a time limit on how long the email verfication and acceptance link was valid.  Did you receive anything similar after getting the "offer" screen telling you to go to your email to accept? Things  may have changed but that was my experience with them.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 7
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

Wow, I find the AA email really useful!

Free FICO 8 TU score almost immediately in my email, the reasons they give for denial is also helpful, shows what to work on lol
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.