Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Starting Limit

tag
live-n-learn
Contributor

B of A Starting Limit

Hi,

I was considering apping for the Bank of America Balance Transfer Card, (got a pre-selected offer) but am curious to 

know what their initial starting limits are like.    

If they tend to offer starting lines on the low side then its pointless for me to app for it right now because 

I want to do a BT.

Anybody have any idea of this?

My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A Starting Limit

BOA pre-approvals are often not solid.  No one on the board can tell you what your starting limit will be.  Your starting limit is determined by the limits on your current cards in addition to your credit profile.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the OP stated BoA pre-approvals are not solid. I was signed into my BoA account and received a pre-approval for their travel rewards card and was denied. 

It's hard for anyone to say what your SCL would be. I only have one BoA cc and was a secured credit card with a $400 CL that I eventually PC'd to the Cash Rewards card and I applied for a CLI and my card is now at $5k. So I don't have any experience with a SCL on a traditional BoA cc. Sorry.... Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BOA pre-approvals are often not solid.  No one on the board can tell you what your starting limit will be.  Your starting limit is determined by the limits on your current cards in addition to your credit profile.

+1

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@live-n-learn wrote:

Hi,

I was considering apping for the Bank of America Balance Transfer Card, (got a pre-selected offer) but am curious to 

know what their initial starting limits are like.    

If they tend to offer starting lines on the low side then its pointless for me to app for it right now because 

I want to do a BT.

Anybody have any idea of this?

My sister only got $1,000 with the BOA BBR MC..............And her other credit cards are over $5,000 each with other Banks.Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As the OP stated BoA pre-approvals are not solid. I was signed into my BoA account and received a pre-approval for their travel rewards card and was denied. 

It's hard for anyone to say what your SCL would be. I only have one BoA cc and was a secured credit card with a $400 CL that I eventually PC'd to the Cash Rewards card and I applied for a CLI and my card is now at $5k. So I don't have any experience with a SCL on a traditional BoA cc. Sorry.... Smiley Sad

I would be furious! But many things now make me "furious" at <50 grams of carbs a day...

To me, there is nothing worse (in the credit world, at least) than getting pre-approved, applying and then denied.

BOL OP 

Message 7 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be furious! But many things now make me "furious" at <50 grams of carbs a day...

To me, there is nothing worse (in the credit world, at least) than getting pre-approved, applying and then denied.

BOL OP 

+1

Message 8 of 10
live-n-learn
Contributor

Well I applied for the offer and was approved. The offer did show up in my online account. I was only approved for $2,500.
My other cards are much higher. Oh well, according to this forum, I can possibly grow it with some CLIs.
My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval!  it will be a good limit in no time.  when it shows "request an increase"  go for it, maybe in 5 or 6 months.  Aim for more than what you need, they will counter.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.