cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA "preapproval"

tag
marvalgames

BOA "preapproval"

How are the chances after a pre-qualify - throws me off because it looks like something everyone gets Smiley Happy

we recommend

Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards credit card $200 online cash rewards bonus offer
Apply now
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Trini88
Established Contributor

Re: BOA "preapproval"

Their "preapproval" is terrible and I won't trust it....personally.

Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Using BofA's Card Select/Check Offer tool and getting the "we recommend" is not a pre-approval.  Treat this as an invitation to apply with no guarantee.

Message 3 of 5
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@marvalgames wrote:

How are the chances after a pre-qualify - throws me off because it looks like something everyone gets Smiley Happy

we recommend

Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards credit card $200 online cash rewards bonus offer
Apply now

Like the other's have said, what the website recommends doesn't guarantee approval... I was denied every single time I tried a BoA suggested card including their secured card.

In July I received a envelope in snail mail from them that had wording that looked like it was likely an invitation to apply, including no solid APR in the offer... I applied using the code anyway because it said "your $500 initial credit line will grow with responsible use"... I was surprised with the instant approval... even if it was only $500 limit.

Previous denials for me from BoA included: too many recent inquiries, and too much available credit. 

Not sure what caused them to change their mind with more inquiries and more available credit (and lower credit scores at time of approval).

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put in your dog's name and hit submit

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.