Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banco do Brasil

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banco do Brasil

Has anyone gotten approved for a Banco do Brasil card that doesn't live in Florida?

I understand they take awhile to process the app, how soon should I call, or do I just wait to hear?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Banco do Brasil

Yes, I have. You should get a call roughly two weeks into the app. That's a verification call. If you don't receive one. There's a good chance your app was denied. The entire process was a month for me. They are sloooowwww!
Message 2 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol,this card tried to be fotm turned out to be fotySmiley Happy. Only a few select brave applied and even fewer approved. If you dont live in Florida, I'd recommend just getting another that can fill your needs that's easier to deal with. Just my dos centavosSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved in Texas without a verification call.
Message 4 of 19
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone gotten approved for a Banco do Brasil card that doesn't live in Florida?

I understand they take awhile to process the app, how soon should I call, or do I just wait to hear?

Thanks!

I was approved in New York without a verification call. Took about a month from app to delivery of the card.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy I live in Florida! Who do they pull?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EX.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit off topic, but can someone explain the appeal of their cards to me? I just don't see the allure besides the cards have cool designs.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my situation, needed cards off the beaten path that wouldn't mind lots of inquiries to handle something short term.

I've seen others who applied that did so thinking there were possibly big limits available.

They are slow so don't know yet how this will turn out. I'm thinking will call to find out on about day 8 after applying.
Message 9 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
A bit off topic, but can someone explain the appeal of their cards to me? I just don't see the allure besides the cards have cool designs.

There is a niche for small FDIC-insured banks that are affiliated with a large foreign bank that also issues their own cards instead of farming them out to Elan

The rewards are generic, the card management site is a bit clunky, and people looking for a big starting limit should probably look elsewhere.  Only a few of us here even managed to get a $10K SL.  But yes the card looks cool.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.