Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI Question

tag
alain4957
Regular Contributor

Bank of America CLI Question

I have not had the Link for a credit line increase show up on my account since the last CLI 6 months ago. Does having my credit frozen affect getting the link? or is it just still not ready for a CLI? I ask since i just got the Preimum rewards from them with a SL of 14k which is more then my cash rewards card. 

Thanks 

Alain 

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI Question

From what I have learned from @coldfusion...the appearance of the link does not imply that you're automatically eligible nor does it not showing mean your completely ineligible.  In other words, you can call to request one via SP even if the link is not showing.

To that point, when I have requested mine...3 last year, the link appeared, I requested and denied each time.  However, after each denial I called to recon and each one was approved.  It is my only account with BofA, had it since 2003 and no other banking relationship with them.  

It may be worth a few minutes to call, speak to a CSR and see what they can do...

Message 2 of 5
alain4957
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

From what I have learned from @coldfusion...the appearance of the link does not imply that you're automatically eligible nor does it not showing mean your completely ineligible.  In other words, you can call to request one via SP even if the link is not showing.

To that point, when I have requested mine...3 last year, the link appeared, I requested and denied each time.  However, after each denial I called to recon and each one was approved.  It is my own account with BofA, had it since 2003 and no other banking relationship with them.  

It may be worth a few minutes to call, speak to a CSR and see what they can do...

And when you called for the CLI what did you ask for? I know everyone says shot for the moon and let them counter.... but i dont want to tell CSR 99k  lol

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 3 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Each time, I asked for $10,000.  I've gone from $10K to $30K this past year, all SP CLI's

Here's the link to my first request and it has the phone number I called.  If you call the regular CSR and they decline it or tell you you'll be receiving a letter coming in the mail, call the recon number listed about 30 minutes later.  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BofA-Cash-Rewards-100-CLI-SP-after-2nd-review...

Message 4 of 5
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Having your credit reports frozen will not prevent the CLI link from appearing. 

I keep my reports frozen all the time and the link appears for me often. Though of course the presence of the link does not necessarily mean a CLI request will be successful. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.