Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Cash Rewards CC

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards CC

They don't drop you because of your score, they drop you because of risk factors that are incorporated in the score. If everything they were worried about is gone, there's a good chance they may allow you back in but I wouldn't bother if you've been doing credit seeking lately.

2-3 years isn't that long ago if you were put on their bad list.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd doubt they would use substantively different criteria for approval between the core and co-branded version.  The substantive differences between Cash Rewards and the MLB card derive from CR is again being issued as a Visa whereas the MLB card is a Mastercard.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I should just apply for the MLB card instead. Seems to have the same rewards as the BofA Cash Rewards card.

Do you think that'd help with approval since it's technically not the same card.

UW should be the same for both cards. If your profile is clean, and you did not burn them?,

also with no recent credit seeking behavior..?

You probably have good odds at another card.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.