Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival - Denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Arrival - Denied.

After cleaning up my reports decided to apply for this card. After getting a pending message, I checked app status..was denied. Decided to recon, the analyst I spoke with told me my revolving credit were too new . Don't know if I should bother to recon again and speak with a different analyst.

Stats were:
Fico TU - 720 (assuming this is what they pulled)
4 revolving credit lines..Cap 1 being my oldest at 5 months.
No negatives on TU report
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Arrival - Denied.

I think you should try another anaylst becuase you already took a hit with the inquire. But with that being said I dont think applying for this card was a smart idea since your oldest acount is only 5 months old. If the 2nd recon does not go your way, garden for at least 6 months and reapply and I think you will get approved. Youre doing great just be patient. 

Message 2 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Barclays makes notes of every conversation so repeat attempts aren't always of much help. Id give it one more shot, and failing that, wait 6 months and reapply.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  I never had any luck reconning for a Barclay Card a couple years back.  But I do recall they said they wanted to see all new accounts age 12 months.  In two years or so you will be able to get about any card you want!. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah been eyeing this card so as soon as my reports went clean I got a bit app happy. Knew I should of stayed in the garden. Second recon didnt work either but thanks everyone for the input !
Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Barclay's "typically" wants to see 12 months credit history prior to them extending credit products to someone.

Message 6 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
After cleaning up my reports decided to apply for this card. After getting a pending message, I checked app status..was denied. Decided to recon, the analyst I spoke with told me my revolving credit were too new . Don't know if I should bother to recon again and speak with a different analyst.

Stats were:
Fico TU - 720 (assuming this is what they pulled)
4 revolving credit lines..Cap 1 being my oldest at 5 months.
No negatives on TU report

I did the same thing for the same card at the same point in my rebuild.

i agree with the others, give it another shot and if a no-go, give it 6 months.

look at the Barclay Cards in my sig. I got those and 5 others over the last 30 months with 44k in exposure.

Take care of business and it will come.

good luck to you

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 8 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

KDM is right Barclays keeps a tab on your recon calls, so if you call them back, be prepared to make a compelling case for the analyst to approve you. I would just acknowledge you're early in your credit journey but want to build a meaningful long term relationship with them and you would be a customer of value.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.