cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

BuckUpz
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

Just got an "invitation" in today's mail for Barclay's new "CashForward" card....?  The only thing I could find online is that it's new and that it's by invitation only.  It's offering me a 14.9% APR and it is a World Mastercard but doesn't mention limits, etc.  Anybody else get this and does anybody have any more information about it ?  I'm intrigued... Smiley Happy  Thanks in advance !!

MyFico Current: EQ 755 TU 767 EX 754

            


Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

You're the first person I've seen post about getting this targeted offer aside from the original posting. I wonder what, if any, criteria there are for it. It doesn't look like you have any Barclay cards.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 33
BuckUpz
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@barthooper wrote:

You're the first person I've seen post about getting this targeted offer aside from the original posting. I wonder what, if any, criteria there are for it. It doesn't look like you have any Barclay cards.


That might be why they sent it to me.  I don't have any of their cards, maybe they want my business Smiley Happy !!  The only thing I can see is that it's a 1.5% cash back card with a fairly reasonable rate.  I dunno...??

MyFico Current: EQ 755 TU 767 EX 754

            


Message 3 of 33
fury1995
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

It appears that Barclay has recently trademarked "Cash Forward", "CashForward" and "View" as electronically coded magnetic strip cards.

 

Barclay CashForward

 

Barclay View

 

Maybe two offerings on the horizon?

Message 4 of 33
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@fury1995 wrote:

It appears that Barclay has recently trademarked "Cash Forward", "CashForward" and "View" as electronically coded magnetic strip cards.

 

Barclay CashForward

 

Barclay View

 

Maybe two offerings on the horizon?


Interesting. I also see "Breeze" as a new card trademark from them as well. I checked earlier and found CashForward but didn't bother checking the others.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 5 of 33
fury1995
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@barthooper wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

It appears that Barclay has recently trademarked "Cash Forward", "CashForward" and "View" as electronically coded magnetic strip cards.

 

Barclay CashForward

 

Barclay View

 

Maybe two offerings on the horizon?


Interesting. I also see "Breeze" as a new card trademark from them as well. I checked earlier and found CashForward but didn't bother checking the others.


And I just found "EASE"

 

Maybe four offerings or possibly name changes in the works?

 

Ease

Cash Forward

Breeze

View

Message 6 of 33
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@fury1995 wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

It appears that Barclay has recently trademarked "Cash Forward", "CashForward" and "View" as electronically coded magnetic strip cards.

 

Barclay CashForward

 

Barclay View

 

Maybe two offerings on the horizon?


Interesting. I also see "Breeze" as a new card trademark from them as well. I checked earlier and found CashForward but didn't bother checking the others.


And I just found "EASE"

 

Maybe four offerings or possibly name changes in the works?

 

Ease

Cash Forward

Breeze

View


 
We can hope. I know not too many people are intrigued by the Cash Forward offering as it is essentially a Quicksilver with a foreign transaction fee and $50 minimum redemption. If those other cards do end up materializing, hopefully they are more enticing offers.

 

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 7 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption

Message 8 of 33
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@CreditCuriousity wrote:

QS is a better card or DC is a better card IMO..  I believe this has a $50 minimum renewal rewards program if I remember correctly.  It ends up like a 1.55 or 1.6 cashback or something like that credit card as well if I remember it right, just above 1.5%.  More hasses then QS and DC though as far as redemption


Absolutely. CashForward doesn't seem to have any value except for the meager signup bonus of $100 for $500 spent, which equals that of the QS. Since it's Barclays this card can be had for a TU pull instead of a triple pull like QS though.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 9 of 33
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard CashForward Invitation


@BuckUpz wrote:

Just got an "invitation" in today's mail for Barclay's new "CashForward" card....?  The only thing I could find online is that it's new and that it's by invitation only.  It's offering me a 14.9% APR and it is a World Mastercard but doesn't mention limits, etc.  Anybody else get this and does anybody have any more information about it ?  I'm intrigued... Smiley Happy  Thanks in advance !!


I'm definitely not impressed by the $50 threshold for redemption.   The only way I could see myself getting this card is if SM gets nerfed and I want to keep my CL.   So far, I like Barclay, but I find most of their products just don't fit my needs.  



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 798 (TU08, 8/2/21)
AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | BofA BBR #1 $43900 | BoA BBR #2 $31100 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $20000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | Disney VS $15000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Target MC $14000 | WF Active Cash VS $12,000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $11600 | Jared Gold Card $11000 | Amazon VS $10000 | AARP VS $8800 | Cash Back World WMC $3000 | ~~
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.