Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed Bath and Beyond offer

tag
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

Bed Bath and Beyond offer

I got an email saying I have been pre-approved for a credit card from Bed Bath and Beyond.  I thought they were going out of business.   Did I hear that wrong?    It was a store card and I DO shop there but....I'm not going to get any more store cards.   I have now...Amazon, Overstock, Torrid..(which I am considering cancelling.  I got it because the one time I was shopping there they said I could have 40% off if I opened an account!)       What's going on over at Bed Bath and Beyond?  What's the deal with their card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond offer

I do remember some chatter about them closing quite a few stores. As far as them going out of business that remains to be seen.

But store closing isn't always an indicator of going out of business...sometimes it's a sign of trying to do everything you can to keep that from happening. Only time will tell. As for a BB&B credit card, you can apply but know that if they do there's a chance that the card could go away.
Message 2 of 9
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
I do remember some chatter about them closing quite a few stores. As far as them going out of business that remains to be seen.

But store closing isn't always an indicator of going out of business...sometimes it's a sign of trying to do everything you can to keep that from happening. Only time will tell. As for a BB&B credit card, you can apply but know that if they do there's a chance that the card could go away.

Yes...you're right.  It could go away and then there would be a possible credit line to disappear.    Gonna pass on it.    Thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 9
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

BBB does very well in certain areas so in my opinion I do not think that they will close all stores.  Look at with the glass being half full vs half empty.  Besides most stores that modify will do online.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

BBB does very well in certain areas so in my opinion I do not think that they will close all stores.  Look at with the glass being half full vs half empty.  Besides most stores that modify will do online.

This is true, but in the interests of being selective in applying, it's worth comparing whether an achievable major card might be preferable to their store card. It can be used anywhere rather than just at BBB, usually the APR is lower, and beyond a basic percent off on a first purchase, the BBB card likely offers no rewards, whereas a Discover or other card will have ongoing benefits that make it far more valuable.

Message 5 of 9
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I do not use store cards however in case @BessTruman wanted to further think about this card further, BBB is a good store to shop and just maybe the information would benefit the desire albeit card benefits.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@tricie17 wrote:

This is true, but in the interests of being selective in applying, it's worth comparing whether an achievable major card might be preferable to their store card. It can be used anywhere rather than just at BBB, usually the APR is lower, and beyond a basic percent off on a first purchase, the BBB card likely offers no rewards, whereas a Discover or other card will have ongoing benefits that make it far more valuable.

The BB&B MC does tend to offer special financing and rewards in the following % categories.  Plus, whenever any BT promotions are available (typically for most Comenity majors), there are no transaction fees.

Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard®

Earn rewards OR special financing when you use your Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® Credit Card:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info @FinStar - I didn't realize this was a MasterCard. I assumed it was a basic store card. In that case, yes it could well prove worth having.

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Good info @FinStar - I didn't realize this was a MasterCard. I assumed it was a basic store card. In that case, yes it could well prove worth having.

Hey no worries @Anonymous 😉.  It's not the strongest of benefits when compared to another much, more rewarding CC, of course.  Unless one frequents BB&B quite a bit.  That said, I try to explore all avenues to maximize overall value and I would definitely consider whether BB&B will be short-lived given today's retail environment.  I still have mine, but we've all seen what happened with a variety of Comenity CCs like True Value Discover, Barneys NY, Elder-Beerman/Bonton, Wayfair (partial remnants under Comenity before Citi Retail acquired, but lots of souls lost out), etc.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.