cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Luv Button still showing after increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Luv Button still showing after increase?

I'm just curious!

I've had my BoA card since 2012, and they'd always been reluctant to give it increases - probably because it started as a secured card?  I was able to get get it up to $5000 eventually, and upgraded to signature, then kind of let it lay stagnant for years since I rarely used it.  The apr is ridiculous compared to other cards I have - 22%.  

Since I found out they no longer HP for CLI's, I decided to see what would happen if I clicked the cli link.  They gave me an increase, upping my limit to $10,100 total.

Thing is, I thought the link would disappear after using it?  It is still there, so does that mean there is still money on the table?  Trying wouldn't magically result in a HP, would it?  Haha.  

I actually don't intend on really using the balance, esp with that high apr they refuse to budge on - but I thought it might help with overall utilization across my credit reports.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BoA Luv Button still showing after increase?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just curious!

I've had my BoA card since 2012, and they'd always been reluctant to give it increases - probably because it started as a secured card?  I was able to get get it up to $5000 eventually, and upgraded to signature, then kind of let it lay stagnant for years since I rarely used it.  The apr is ridiculous compared to other cards I have - 22%.  

Since I found out they no longer HP for CLI's, I decided to see what would happen if I clicked the cli link.  They gave me an increase, upping my limit to $10,100 total.

Thing is, I thought the link would disappear after using it?  It is still there, so does that mean there is still money on the table?  Trying wouldn't magically result in a HP, would it?  Haha.  

I actually don't intend on really using the balance, esp with that high apr they refuse to budge on - but I thought it might help with overall utilization across my credit reports.  

The link remains for the rest of that day, until the nightly batch refresh completes so if you got an automatic/immediate approval you can try again.  The 2nd attempt usually gets forwarded for manual review.    If you got an immediate approval ithout a counteroffer you likely left money on the table.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, so since they gave me under what I asked for,  I'm most likely at my limit and no need to try again.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, so since they gave me under what I asked for,  I'm most likely at my limit and no need to try again.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Congrats on the CLI...be sure to check regularly for the link to reappear, as it means you're eligible to request another CLI on that card. I've had them reappear within a couple of weeks and the frequency is very much YMMV but the average appears to be about 3 months.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

My BankAmericard opened 6/2018. 9/2018 the CLI link appeared and i clicked it for $2500 immediate  increase. Link still remained so I clicked again requesting another $2000 and as immediately approved in full.  The link stayed up but I didnt try for a 3-pete

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The link doesn't actually go away until after the nightly update, so it will still be there after you get a CLI. Doesn't mean anything one way or the other in terms of eligibility for a further increase. You can always click it again, but majority of the time the 2nd request is a manual review and more often than not they are denied but you never know.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.