Did you mean: 

BoA two denials and one application under review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA two denials and one application under review

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
It's doubtful you'll clear the 3rd application hurdle OP. If you submit multiple applications within a short timeframe, BoA can flag any of them.

Why were the first 2 applications declined? What 2 CC products did you apply for?

I have one delinquency from a closed AMEX account from when I was very new and naive to credit. Oldest account though. And my credit history is limited. No late payments in the last year, but only four current, revolving accounts. The other two cards were the Bank Americard and Travel Rewards. I was thinking maybe the Cash Rewards has a lower SL option? I haven't been able to find much info about that though. Heck, I'd be happy if they threw me a $500 SL! I'm trying to build credit history here, but it's hard when I've only been approved for two CapOne cards (QS1 and Platinum, which is now a QS, my first prime card! Woo! CapOne loves me) and two secured cards (Discover - which I can't seem to get to graduate for the life of me, depsite having a perfect record with them - and Citi- quite new).

I recently graduated my discover it secured 400 SL to unsecured 2000 CL....had the account for about 14 months before they graduated me...i always kept a high balance on it somewhere around 70-80 utilization....one day i said the hell with this card im gonna pay the balance off and request my money back...paid the card off and next morning boom email saying they are refunding my security deposit and bumping my limit to 2k...i say all this to say discover ii is a great card to have you just have to treat it right and pay that balance off in full if you have one and they will likely Graduate you !! Good luck OP

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA two denials and one application under review

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
It's doubtful you'll clear the 3rd application hurdle OP. If you submit multiple applications within a short timeframe, BoA can flag any of them.

Why were the first 2 applications declined? What 2 CC products did you apply for?

I have one delinquency from a closed AMEX account from when I was very new and naive to credit. Oldest account though. And my credit history is limited. No late payments in the last year, but only four current, revolving accounts. The other two cards were the Bank Americard and Travel Rewards. I was thinking maybe the Cash Rewards has a lower SL option? I haven't been able to find much info about that though. Heck, I'd be happy if they threw me a $500 SL! I'm trying to build credit history here, but it's hard when I've only been approved for two CapOne cards (QS1 and Platinum, which is now a QS, my first prime card! Woo! CapOne loves me) and two secured cards (Discover - which I can't seem to get to graduate for the life of me, depsite having a perfect record with them - and Citi- quite new).

I recently graduated my discover it secured 400 SL to unsecured 2000 CL....had the account for about 14 months before they graduated me...i always kept a high balance on it somewhere around 70-80 utilization....one day i said the hell with this card im gonna pay the balance off and request my money back...paid the card off and next morning boom email saying they are refunding my security deposit and bumping my limit to 2k...i say all this to say discover ii is a great card to have you just have to treat it right and pay that balance off in full if you have one and they will likely Graduate you !! Good luck OP

I have been feeling the same way about my Discover Secured recently, so reading this gives me some hope. I've had it for about nine months and have ALWAYS paid on-time and in full, but haven't yet graduated. When my CapOne Platinum was PC'd to Quicksilver and my QS1 received a CLI (both cards I've had for as long as if not less than my Discover Secured, where I've been practicing the same payment tendencies) I wanted to close my Discover. Why is CapOne rewarding me for the good relationship I'm establishing with them but not Discover? So frustrating!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.