Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards Special Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards Special Offer

The 3 point ding was alerted by Experian via email to me (was 715). Also, myfico hasn't updated for a month now. is that normal? What other cards use Experian?

Message 11 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The 3 point ding was alerted by Experian via email to me (was 715). Also, myfico hasn't updated for a month now. is that normal? What other cards use Experian?

That's always YMMV since it mainly varies by issuer and location.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you're a preferred rewards client (or whatever) does the relationship bonus get added on top of the 10%? For example, 10% + 25% = 35% so $150 plus 35% = $202.50

Message 13 of 34
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Certainly YMMV. American Express is the only one off the top of my head that I can think of that seems to exclusively use Experian.

Edit @Anonymous yes for the Cash Rewards.  The bonus is applied at the time of redeeming, so 10% for a BOA Checking account or up to 75% bonus if redeeming into a Preferred Rewards eligible account.  Unfortunately, the Premium Rewards gives the bonus at the time of purchase so we regular checking people get nothing added on top, nor is the bonus applied to the signup bonus.

Edit 2: Sorry, I misread that.  No the bonus would just be the usual bonus, like 75% for the highest tier.  No stacking.  10% is just a consolation prize for those of us without Preferred Rewards.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need $100,000 with them.

I could only imagine receiving 5.25% back on gas, 3.5% back on groceries, and 1.75% back on everything else with no annual fee, plus a lot of other perks. .
Message 15 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I could only imagine receiving 5.25% back on gas, 3.5% back on groceries, and 1.75% back on everything else with no annual fee, plus a lot of other perks. .

To get maximum back at a PR client need to invest $250,000 to get 75% return on spend I think. Plan on maybe doing this myself not quite sure yet.

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To get maximum back at a PR client need to invest $250,000 to get 75% return on spend I think. Plan on maybe doing this myself not quite sure yet.

The terms say combined balances between Bank of America and Merrill Edge accounts. 

$100,000 in a Preferred Rewards savings account would net the 75% bonus. No need to invest, although I'd recommend it. 

Message 17 of 34
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yep, $100k in combined balances across all 3 for the top tier. @Anonymous You’d be selling yourself short not to get Premium Rewards card for 3.5% back on travel and dining, and 2.625% back on everything else!

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yep, $100k in combined balances across all 3 for the top tier. @Anonymous You’d be selling yourself short not to get Premium Rewards card for 3.5% back on travel and dining, and 2.625% back on everything else!

That's a good point. Better off with the preimum rewards card at that point. 

Message 19 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The terms say combined balances between Bank of America and Merrill Edge accounts. 

$100,000 in a Preferred Rewards savings account would net the 75% bonus. No need to invest, although I'd recommend it. 

Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow then. I've been thinking of moving some money around to Chase and BoA so at least for BoA this makes it a easier decision for me.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.