Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA double pull on TU 3 days apart?

tag
TC1223
New Contributor

BofA double pull on TU 3 days apart?

Hello everyone. On 9/11, I apped for the BankAmericard, I recieved the 7-10 message. I knew it was going to happen because there is a fraud alert on all my credit reports from last year when someone tried to steal my identity. Also, I have a freeze on my EX because I currently have a dispute open with them.

So, I called about 30 minutes later and spoke with one of the CSRs. She explained to me that they pulled EX and it was locked and then asked permission to pull TU. I gave her permission and a few minutes later, she said that I was approved for 20K. I was immediately alerted by TU that BofA pulled my report.

However, it's been 3 days since I've apped for the card and this morning, I received another alert from TU saying that I had another HP. BofA pulled TU again and nothing has changed since they pulled it 3 days ago. So, my question is, are they allowed to do that without my permission? And if not, can I request for them to remove the inquiry or should I just dispute it directly with TU? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA double pull on TU 3 days apart?

You might need to contact their lending department to determine why a 2nd HP was done. If it occurred in error or due to some anomaly since your EX is frozen, then they'll likely to be flexible in either removing it or recoding it to a SP.
Message 2 of 3
TC1223
New Contributor

Re: BofA double pull on TU 3 days apart?

Okay. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.