Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA reconsideration?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA reconsideration?

Last week I applied and was denied for a secured credit card with Bank of America. Reasons for denial were due to recent collections. I've since called the collection agencies and have set up payment plans to pay off the balances. Do you know if I go in to a branch location and explain the situation and that plans are set in place to repair those accounts, would they reconsider? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA reconsideration?

A branch employee couldn't do much more to help you beyond looking up then dialing a number then handing you the phone. 

I wouldn't expect you to have much success until you can demonstrate at a mininum that there really has been significant repair to those accounts. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

A branch employee couldn't do much more to help you beyond looking up then dialing a number then handing you the phone. 

I wouldn't expect you to have much success until you can demonstrate at a mininum that there really has been significant repair to those accounts. 

Thank you, you were right! I ended up finding the backdoor number and they reconsidered but was denied again. I'm going to wait a few months until some of the effects start showing on my report (hopefully) and apply again! I just thought I'd give it a try since they'd utilize the same HP. Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Thank you, you were right! I ended up finding the backdoor number and they reconsidered but was denied again. I'm going to wait a few months until some of the effects start showing on my report (hopefully) and apply again! I just thought I'd give it a try since they'd utilize the same HP. Thanks for your help!

That sounds like a plan. Good luck, and you're welcome!

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.