Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFU 7-10 days message...what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFU 7-10 days message...what next?

Oh ok! So i should just wait for the letter then and hold off on calling - thanks! 

Message 11 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CFU: How to verify allowance as income

@Anonymous  what makes you think Chase wants to verify income? 

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is to proceed very carefully... a college student claiming $40K in annual income could possibly be subjected to addtional scrutiny by a lender like Chase.  Much of what you can claim as income is predicated on whether you are over the age of 21.  Every so often I notice that some commenters here - especially college students - try to bend the rules in their favor (this is a general observation; I'm not accusing you of this) but it very much depends on the extent to which a particular lender complies with the applicable law.

I would strongly suggest you read the CFPB's Regulation Z; and especially the section titled "Official interpretation of 51(a)(1)(i) Consideration of Ability to Pay" which falls under Subpart G - Special Rules Applicable to Credit Card Accounts and Open-End Credit Offered to College Students § 1026.51–§ 1026.61.  This will also address the question you asked in another thread about income verification by Chase.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too, my “income” comes from the advice ive found on this site. $23k allowance and $18k scholarships count as income and they aren’t taxable either. I do have a job but it pays like $2k max/year
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 7-10 day automated response which is probably a denial, but I’ve read that it’s due to them wanting to verify income for people under 21 (which I am). Could be either or both, waiting for my mail to recon.
Message 15 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the 7-10 day automated response which is probably a denial, but I’ve read that it’s due to them wanting to verify income for people under 21 (which I am). Could be either or both, waiting for my mail to recon.

It could be a denial or it could be any of a number of different things they want to verify including verification that it was really you that applied.

In your particular case I would suggest that you do wait for the letter before attempting recon.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

**small UPDATE**

The fraud department just sent me a letter via my Chase statements that they need me to call and verify, hopefully its not a denial....

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I GOT APPROVED! Got a verification letter, called and received the decision over the phone! CL of $3300 which I’m surprised bc of my income. Ty for the advice tho guys!
Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval OP.  locking thread as your issue has been addressed, but feel free to create a thread in the approval section if you would like to share anything such as data points, etc..

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.