Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Increase and Denials

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Increase and Denials

So been on the building journey for a couple years. Almost finished with my Equifax file, with around $1,800 left. My Exp is 730, TU is 715, and EQ is 645. Huge difference in scores.

I have 7 cards as of today, lowest one is a creditone. I'm keeping it as a sock drawer card as I got them to cancel my annual fee. Wanted to keep to maintain my AAoA.

BoA CASH Rewards: $1,500 - 5 years. (15% uti)
CreditOne: $800 - 2 years. (Sock drawer)
CitiBank Rewards+: $1,000 - 3 months. (25% uti)
Discover It: $4,000 - 4 months. (8% uti)
BBVA Compass: $4,800 - 2 months. (Sock drawer)
Petal: $2,000 - 2 months. (Sock Drawer)
PayPal MC: $700 - 3 months. (7% uti)

Decided it hit 3 months and wanted to give some luv buttons a try. Citibank denied me because of my collections in Equifax, thankfully they are almost done. Discover denied me, waiting for the mail. BoA I have to wait 18 more days to try. And PayPal MC gave me a $1,400 increase. I tried the double dip for another $700 but got denied and a letter coming.

So, even though I did get denied by others, I did get a decent increase (for me) from PayPal. Statement due date for Discover is middle of month, so I will try again at the end of the month when I pay it down to around 5%. Does anyone know if it's possible to get Citibank to give an increase with collections on equifax?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Increase and Denials

If you want them to grow you have to use them. This matter more when they're new cards as well.  If you get a new card and SD it then what's the point of having it?

Sure Peral has a max of 10K CL but, it won't grow if you don't use it.

Key to success is to setup autopay for the min payment if you plan on holding balances but, if not then go fr the statement balance.  At least put a monthly bill on them to keep them active each month and let time work its magic.

Figure out which ones you really want to keep and concentrate on those.  If you don't use the ones you don't really want then they will die a slow natural death from lack of use in 12-24 months.  

5 cards in the last 4 months is more than enough to get you into trouble if you go for more.... you would be risking low limits and potential closures before they're even in your hand to use or activate.  Take a break for 12 months and then more doors will open with better outcomes as your profile matures a bit from the onslaught of new accounts.

BOA - SP every 90 days 

Citi - SP every 181 days.... read the page before you hit submit to make sure it says "we won't pull a credit report"

Disco - SP every request.... optimal timing is probably going to be 90 days at this point but, you can request them whenever you want w/o AA

BBVA - will be a HP and the first attempt shouldn't be within the first 12 months IIRC

PPMC - since it's Sync you can go every 4 months and it's a SP... if you want to ask for the max of 25K and let them counter then call 877-379-8175

Message 2 of 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: CLI Increase and Denials

Close the Credit One card.  You dont need it

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.