Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI based on acc. age?

tag
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

CLI based on acc. age?

Mainly asking about Cap1, but general DP's welcome.

The next time I can request a CLI on Cap1 the account will be 1y10m old. If I wait until it hits 2y will there be better odds for a larger increase or does that not matter?

It's my oldest revolver, but not oldest account (10y+ auto)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI based on acc. age?

I received an auto CLI from Cap1 on my QS when it turned 2 yrs. It's really profile dependent though. There's several factors for a lender to consider when requested a CLI. One of which is how much spend you put on their card relative to your CL which I know is the case with Cap1. They like to see $$. I wish you the best and hope you get your CLI! Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 5
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Nomad3 wrote:

Mainly asking about Cap1, but general DP's welcome.

The next time I can request a CLI on Cap1 the account will be 1y10m old. If I wait until it hits 2y will there be better odds for a larger increase or does that not matter?

It's my oldest revolver, but not oldest account (10y+ auto)

It's hard to say what factors Cap1 favors over others. I believe the benefit of waiting until the account is 2 years is perhaps a small score increase, but they also like to see heavy spend (among other things) so it's anyone's guess. If you're will to wait another two months then it can't hurt, but there's also no guarantee you'll get a CLI at either 6 or 8 months (since the last CLI).

Message 3 of 5
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Definitely agree with what's already been said. With my own Cap1, it was extremely obvious that the more I spent, the more they were willing to give me. I've seen a lot of folks post that they are pretty sure it's going to be based on your previous 3-6 months of spending patterns. I know at least what I've experienced from them that seems to ring true. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 5
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Yeah heavy spend didn't work for me on my most recent CLI of +$150.

Was my only card, had decent spend 50-70%, statement balance of <30%, and Dec had 113% spend with <30% statement, always PIF.

I'll wait til it hits 2yr and see if they give me a nice anniversary bonus lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.