Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Offer

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

CSP Offer

Capture.PNG

I’ve never had an offer with Chase, I had 2 slate cards charged off 10 years ago when I went through a kidney transplant and finances got tough.  I log on today and I see an offer for the CSP, 60,000 points just asking for income and my phone number. Had a solid APR of 22.24% and I believe this is the green check mark everyone refers to, I've never seen it.  I have a Chase FU that has a $500 limit and was declined for an increase upon a manual recon about a month ago, they made mention of the charge offs 10 years ago.  Does this look like a solid offer or just marketing?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CSP Offer

as @oldman87 quotes, I would go into a local Chase Branch and speak to a personal Banker,

I have a few chase cards over the years, and I would not do anything but in branch approval's and have the Banker help

with the process. and limit 1 app with chase. many threads on myFICO about people getting all Cards shut down, some report bank accounts closed to.

Message 2 of 12
swpopham
Established Contributor

I had the same type of offer took it, and got the 7-10 day message, waited 5 days, got an email to call them, called and did a 45 min phone interview got to the end of it. Then the lady said because of the amount of credit you have with chase I have to take my notes and send it to my boss who will review everything and let you know in 1-30 business days. Thank you for calling chase.. score was 785 experian according to the email I recieved from them. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 4.10.24 PM.png

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 12
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

I’m over 5/24 as of yesterday, since I didn’t have any offers, so I applied for the Uber Visa. I may just hold off till March when I have a slot open up for it, don’t need it till May for a trip o Europe.
Message 4 of 12
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:
I’m over 5/24 as of yesterday, since I didn’t have any offers, so I applied for the Uber Visa. I may just hold off till March when I have a slot open up for it, don’t need it till May for a trip o Europe.

If you are over and dont need it, id wait til jan 2020 and have your 0 balances reported and then take the plunge and see what happens. Set your self up for sucess especially if its only been a month since denial. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 5 of 12
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Chase 5/24 Rule

If one is over 5/24 and closes accounts they no longer have use for because of lower limits that fall within the 5/24, does that bring them back below 5/24 once they report closed?
Message 6 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 Rule

Unfortunately no. Chase doesn’t care whether you KEEP your cards. It cares that you OPENED them. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 12
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Couldn’t resist, as I didn’t want to lose the offer and it was well worth it! Instant approval for $17,500 while being 9/24. Time for a long stint in the garden now!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

as @oldman87 quotes, I would go into a local Chase Branch and speak to a personal Banker,

I have a few chase cards over the years, and I would not do anything but in branch approval's and have the Banker help

with the process. and limit 1 app with chase. many threads on myFICO about people getting all Cards shut down, some report bank accounts closed to.

So I too have a "pre-qualified" CSO offer. I've been a Chase banking customer for years. I don't have a green check mark on my offer though. Mine looks like what's in the picture below. Are you saying that I still should go into a branch for an in-branch approval?

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.45.12 PM.png

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tito1183 wrote:
Couldn’t resist, as I didn’t want to lose the offer and it was well worth it! Instant approval for $17,500 while being 9/24. Time for a long stint in the garden now!

Care to share any data points (scores, income, DTI, etc.)?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.