Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP PC to CSR - credit review?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

CSP PC to CSR - credit review?

In April, my CSP turns 1 year old. I really want to PC it to a CSR at that point, but I'm worried it may trigger a credit review and they'll either deny the request, or even worse, take adverse action against my accounts.

Here's the deal:

My CSP has $8,400 limit currently. I also have a CFU card ($5,600), so theoretically I could request they move $1,600 of the CFU limit to the CSP to bring it to the $10k minimum.

But, does the limit-migration request and/or the PC request cause any sort of review of my credit? Whether it be SP or HP?

I'm hoping that these types of requests are just basic "housekeeping" on their end, and don't involve any substantial credit review. I'm worried because my credit isn't great to begin with, and also my Util % fluctuates between 15%-40% depending on the day. If they do any sort of review of my credit, I'm worried they'll not only deny my request, but get scared and take AA against my accounts.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP PC to CSR - credit review?

It shouldn't trigger any type of review unless Chase determines that during its last AR your profile has deteriorated.

So, to prepare for the upgrade, just go ahead and reallocate the CL portion from CFU necessary to qualify for the CSR's minimum CL. Then, once the timeframe for the upgrade is reached, give them a call.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.