Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP in-branch question

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

CSP in-branch question

Hi all,

I recently opened a Chase Total Checking account for the bonus and to help my chances of getting the CSP (will upgrade to CSR eventually) while LOL/24.  

The banker asked for my information, typed it all in and said.... "You're pre-approved...... for ALL of them."  So I was giddy.  I threw in a random cold app for the CSR within the last month (obviously an instant-decline), so after putting in the app for the CSP, it went to fraud, I verified myself, and then he said you'll find out in 7-14 days..... now the message on the automated system is "please give us two weeks" (obviously I've paraphrased that). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Chase has hated me ever since I rebuilt (not sure why, to be honest, except for my new accounts). I have the Freedom which I got about 2 years ago stuck with a $1,500 limit.  I'm sending 1/8th of my bi-monthly paycheck to the Chase Total Checking to see if maybe my loyalty doesn't spark a little love, because after I get the bonus on the CSP, I'm going to downgrade my AmEx Platinum to the Gold and upgrade the CSP to the CSR.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The Banker I talked with handed the phone over to me while I was sitting there and I verified myself with a Chase OTP. No instant decision.  Was kind of depressed-- I got SO giddy when he said "You're pre-approved for them all."

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP in-branch question

2-weeks is usually ID Verification.

Message 2 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2-weeks is usually ID Verification.

Already verified on-site. Banker handed me the phone and I read back the Chase OTP.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, then wait it out and login to your account to see it when it pops up as approved.

Message 4 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There's additional steps that are usually taken to verify the application information besides the initial OTP authentication. I'd say let the process ride until you receive the correspondence to determine whether any additional information may be required.
Message 5 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
There's additional steps that are usually taken to verify the application information besides the initial OTP authentication. I'd say let the process ride until you receive the correspondence to determine whether any additional information may be required.

Thanks, FinStar.  From your years of experience and what you've read on these forums, is this likely an approval or a decline?  I don't expect you to be certain, just curious what a Mod thinks.

I mean, the banker said I was pre-approved. Too bad I submitted that stupid cold-app.

Message 6 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Bump.... anyone?  Any and all insight would be super helpful. 

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the bump?  Wait it out.

Message 8 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why the bump?  Wait it out.

Because I'm impatient, that's why Smiley Tongue

Won't bump again, you're right. I should just wait and see.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can wait like advised or pester Chase about it.  The problem with pestering Chase is you might get someone that's not in a good mood and they just deny you.  If you let things play out there's a 99% chance it gets approved.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.