Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Believe Citi Home Depot has a Pre-Qual Offer For Me

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Can't Believe Citi Home Depot has a Pre-Qual Offer For Me

Right now is the first time I can honestly say, I am not eager to app for anything. After soft pull CLI's with Barneys, Lowe's and Jcrew... my available credit is  getting to a point where it should stop increasing lol. 

So, I love to see prequal sites because even though it may trigger an app, I have no desire especially for a Citi Home Depot card but the fact that Citi, who has not wanted to let me back in has a prequal for me, is a good feeling! Im not familiar with Citi prequals, but since it has an invite code, experation date and apr, looks pretty solid. Not taking it though haha. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 7.45.57 PM.png

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Can't Believe Citi Home Depot has a Pre-Qual Offer For Me

Even though I prefer HD to Lowe's for shopping, the HD credit card seems pretty worthless reward-wise. It does offer 0% periods, but so do plenty of good cashback cards so meh. If HD had the 5% like Lowe's, I'd long since have had the HD card.

Message 2 of 31
ddemari
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Even though I prefer HD to Lowe's for shopping, the HD credit card seems pretty worthless reward-wise. It does offer 0% periods, but so do plenty of good cashback cards so meh. If HD had the 5% like Lowe's, I'd long since have had the HD card.

Truth, the home depot card does not seem to offer anyting super great. their apr of 17.9% is pretty low for a store card like that. Even though id never carry an apr balance on a store card. Maybe that is a perk of their lol. I dont even know what my Lowes one is, I assume 24.99%

Message 3 of 31
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I got the prequal as well albeit with a much worse apr offer and I'm just as surprised. Citi has me blacklisted I believe from burning them on a Sears card 15 years ago and I can never get a pre qualified offer for their regular cards. As with you I have no need for this card so at the moment I will pass but it's nice to see they'd consider extending me any credit at all.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 4 of 31
ddemari
Super Contributor

I hear ya! Its just nice to be accepted lol.
Message 5 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!! I have both Lowes and Home Depot. I usually go Lowes to buy stuff because of 5% discount.

Ron.

Message 6 of 31
ddemari
Super Contributor

Home Depot is actually a lot closer to me, like 5 miles away. But, I can drive the extra 10 miles to hit up Lowes, I like them better. 

Message 7 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!! I have both Lowes and Home Depot. I usually go Lowes to buy stuff because of 5% discount.

Ron.

Right....the Home Depot card seems pretty pointless and even more so if you have the Lowe's with 5%

Message 8 of 31
ddemari
Super Contributor

Totally agree. Wish they had the Lowe's card in a Visa still. 

Message 9 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you pre-qual with best rate too!!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.