Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Approve then Deny??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Approve then Deny??

Hey Fellow Members,

So this is kinda odd and hope someone can shine some light on the issue.

About 2 months ago i applied for a CapOne secure card and was approved, Well a fam issue came up so i had to hold off on sending in the deposit and finsh opening the card. Well after i was able to do something i couldnt find my customer number so i just went and re applied and it turned me down and my score did not move so its not like my score went down from the first time i applied or anything..

So just to keep moving i got a Discover secure card was approved and got my card in the mail with no issues.. I would still like to also have the CapOne secure card in my nest. Any Ideas?

Thanks In Advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Approve then Deny??

Cap One only lets you get approved for one product every 6 months.  Maybe try calling their customer service to see if the original approved card can be dug up so that you can send in the deposit -- per their faqs you have 80 days to make the deposit so if it was 2 months ago it should still be out there for you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap One only lets you get approved for one product every 6 months.  Maybe try calling their customer service to see if the original approved card can be dug up so that you can send in the deposit -- per their faqs you have 80 days to make the deposit so if it was 2 months ago it should still be out there for you.

michikade,

That did the trick & because i bank with them they was able to just debit my account for the deposit amount, So i wouldnt have to mail them a check.

Thanks for the help my friend.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Congrats 👏 and Welcome to the OP

2) Let this be a cautionary tale for others, luckily for the OP I think Cap-1's system will kick out the 2nd app and not burn 3 more HPs needlessly.

Too often ppl have been so programmed to just jump back online or an app w/o making an old fashioned phone call to converse with a human being...my kids the same thing I ask ' why didn't you CALL...well I just jumped back online' = people avoidance I guess

But again, you can muck yourself up and cost yourself opportunities behind not simply following up

Happy it worked out for the OP and the HPs were wasted and the TL opportunity was salvaged 😀
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.