Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne multiple pre approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne multiple pre approvals

I already have a CapOne platinum...why do they keep sending me the same offer over and over saying I’m preapporved ?! Are they going to give me another one of the exact same card ?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: CapOne multiple pre approvals

You can have 2 sub-prime cards and 5 prime cards. They don't care what they are so you could have 2 platinums and 5 ventures if you wanted.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the Platinum is the only one they’ve been constantly sending me preappovals for. And I’m new to the card game. So I wasn’t aware the same company would give you multiple of the same card. Why not just give me a higher credit line on the initial card and leave me alone. Lol
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry, they keep sending me those platinum mailers too even thought online I'm prequalified for Savor, QuickSilver, Venture etc. Better to check the prequalified page online

Message 4 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well the Platinum is the only one they’ve been constantly sending me preappovals for. And I’m new to the card game. So I wasn’t aware the same company would give you multiple of the same card. Why not just give me a higher credit line on the initial card and leave me alone. Lol

That probably won’t happen lol. Check the online prequal tool. If you’re prequalified for one of their good cards, they might just give you a nice SL on that one. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 9
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I used to have 2 Platinum cards at the same time... some other subprime card I had from a different bank got bought by cap1 and converted to a Platinum after I already had one. It got confusing remembering which one was which.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

product change it if you have had it long enough and have finished credit steps they may move you to QS.

Message 7 of 9
WD2005
Contributor

I just checked and was prequalified for Savor, Quicksilver Rewards and Savor One. Which is the "best"?

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@WD2005 wrote:

I just checked and was prequalified for Savor, Quicksilver Rewards and Savor One. Which is the "best"?

It would be a good exercies to do the math in order to determine which product comes out ahead based on your spending patterns and categories since "best" is really subjective.  Savor has an AF whereas QS and Savor One do not.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.