cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capita One CLI. What does this mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capita One CLI. What does this mean?

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for a cli and they said they will review. I got a letter saying this below. I'm assuming it's a denial. I only use it twice a month b/c it only has a 1k limit.

A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limits.

I had to force CLI based on usage. Essentially, I started with a 1500 QS1 card and thought it was not enough of a limit to use it to breakeven using the 1.5% CB to pay for the 39 annual fee. So I forced it and ran it like a debit card! I would spend often and alot even though I had the cash. Then once the purchase posted I'd immediately cover it in cash. Best case scenario the rewards pay for the annual fee, worst case I am not paying interest on a card because I have the cash to cover the purchase anyway. I hardly paid Capital One interest (26% APR!?). Then when the CLI came around they gave me a 3k cli and shortly after that I was able to PC to the Venture One just to get out of paying that 39 annual fee. If you stick with the card, maybe using this method for a period of time will help. I read in a forum post that Cap1 essentially wants you to wear their card out with usage.

Message 11 of 14
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for a cli and they said they will review. I got a letter saying this below. I'm assuming it's a denial. I only use it twice a month b/c it only has a 1k limit.

A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limits.

I had to force CLI based on usage. Essentially, I started with a 1500 QS1 card and thought it was not enough of a limit to use it to breakeven using the 1.5% CB to pay for the 39 annual fee. So I forced it and ran it like a debit card! I would spend often and alot even though I had the cash. Then once the purchase posted I'd immediately cover it in cash. Best case scenario the rewards pay for the annual fee, worst case I am not paying interest on a card because I have the cash to cover the purchase anyway. I hardly paid Capital One interest (26% APR!?). Then when the CLI came around they gave me a 3k cli and shortly after that I was able to PC to the Venture One just to get out of paying that 39 annual fee. If you stick with the card, maybe using this method for a period of time will help. I read in a forum post that Cap1 essentially wants you to wear their card out with usage.

My QS1 CL is $1,500 also.  I do pay several times a month on purchases.  How much did you run through it a month?    I don't want to waste a CLI request unless I think I will get something decent.  I'm eligible to request a CLI as of this month.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jannelo Yeah true that makes sense, the good thing is their CLI are SP and you get 1.5% back. To your question about transactions, I just looked at past statements and saw that I ran through a range of 850 to 1200 per month and I would say my average target spend was right around 1k.

Message 13 of 14
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My QS1 CL is $1,500 also.  I do pay several times a month on purchases.  How much did you run through it a month?    I don't want to waste a CLI request unless I think I will get something decent.  I'm eligible to request a CLI as of this month.

Ask for the CLI, it won't be a waste. If you're not satisfied with what they offer you can decline it, then request for another offer at anytime you would like. You only have to wait out the 181 days if you accept the offer. Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.