Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 7-10 days letter or e-Mail

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Capital One 7-10 days letter or e-Mail

Is this a denial? Darn it, I just got 12k worth of approvals for only 2 HPs, and now a possible denial that cost an additional 3 HPs?    

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One credit card.

- - -

We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application.

- - - 

Edit: Something like this happened last year when I applied for my QS1. The fraud dept called me and I had to call back to verify my identity. Today's app was for the Quicksilver VS. I really hope I didn't get a triple HP denial. )=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Belfanm
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One 7-10 days letter or e-Mail

This happened to me when I applied for Capital One Venture. My profess took 30 days. I was contacted by fraud dept, then approved for 15k! Don't give up 😊😊😊
Exp 745 Trans 738 Eq 760 Gardening since 3/6/2016

Message 2 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

I hope I can squeeze two apps in for the price of one triple HP. I want a Venture, to combine into the QS later on. And combine my QS1 into the QS also.

Message 3 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Got the fingers crossed for you! I can certainly understand not wanting to.suffer 3 HP's for nothing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 10
willwar14
Valued Contributor

My mom got that on her venture app last year, few weeks later was greater by a letter in the mail saying it was approved for 30k
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

Did anyone get the 7-10 msg, and end up with a denial?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:
Did anyone get the 7-10 msg, and end up with a denial?

Yes, tons of people. Were you pre-qualified on their website prior to app'ing?

Message 7 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

Nope. I wasn't pre-qualified for Amex either and look what happened (=

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you'll be fine.  I always cold app.  Take my chances.  I really don't think those pre quals are accurate.  Many get pre qualified and wind up getting denied.  Fingers crossed for you.  Woman Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:
Nope. I wasn't pre-qualified for Amex either and look what happened (=

True... but Cap1's pre-qualifier is pretty solid Smiley Indifferent Hopefully it's just verification though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.