Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qualify?

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Pre-Qualify?

Hi Everyone,

How solid are Capital One's Pre-Qualify Offers? I currently have the Capital One Quicksilver One with a 3K limit. I've had it for 4 months, and it's my daily driver. I make multiple payments each month.

Here are my data points:

11% UTL (My actual UTL 5%) with a total credit limit 101,750 (AU on sister's 4 accounts with a total 73,100), and my scores are as following: 

EX 672

TU 680

EQ 681

15 new accounts in the last 2 years with the last new account 3 months ago.

INQ counts:

EX 10

TU 7

EQ 5

I really would like to have the Savor for 3% cash back on dining and entertainment and 2% at grocery stores since I'm currently earning only 1.5% cash back.

Cap1 1st Screen Shot.jpgCap1 2st Screen Shot.jpg

70 REPLIES 70
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Pre-Qualify?

It was reliable for my wife a few weeks ago.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the prequels. Their prequalified offers are known to be pretty solid. Brace yourself for the triple pull if you apply.
Message 3 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always been solid for me. Obviously have heard of denials but if your income supports it and your other credit reports have the same info as your EQ report, you have a good shot. 

Message 4 of 71
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Keep us posted on the outcome?

Message 5 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Keep us posted on the outcome?

Yeah I'm kind of hesitant. I don't want to take a tripple pull. Also, I 'm trying to reduce the number of my inquires on my CR's. I'm about to drop 2 off of Experian, so I'll be down to 8. I also have 15 new accounts (8 in the last year) in the last 2 years. The number is about to drop to 13, but that's still high. I don't care about 5/24 since I don't have a chance with Chase for the next 7 years (IIB for a chapter 7 for 5K). I do however bank with them, but Chase won't conisder you for a CC with a BK on your CR's. I have to wait for 2 years for Amex (BK has to be 5 years old). I want to get my scores above 700 also, and a triple pull will bring them down 2 to 3 points.

Message 6 of 71
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I bit the bullet in mid November......took 3 hits app is STILL pending for Savor.........Nevermore, nevermore for me!  EQ 764, TU 786, EX 781, income north of 150K......had 30 day late on Kohls card last year due to hurricane....no other baddies

Message 7 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

I bit the bullet in mid November......took 3 hits app is STILL pending for Savor.........Nevermore, nevermore for me!  EQ 764, TU 786, EX 781, income north of 150K......had 30 day late on Kohls card last year due to hurricane....no other baddies

I'm glad I saw your post. Wow, you have great scores. I'm gonna hold off. My income is 125k. I also have a 30 day late with Kohl's from July of 2018 which I'm trying to dispute. It's my only baddy since my BK in 2 1/2 years. Maybe I can PC for the QS with just a SP? I'm suppose to get a CLI between February and March of 2020. 

Message 8 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

I'm glad I saw your post. I'm gonna hold off. My income is 125k. I also have a 30 day late with Kohl's from July of 2018 which I'm trying to dispute. It's my only baddy since my BK in 2 1/2 years. Maybe I can PC for the QS with just a SP? I'm suppose to get a CLI between February and March of 2020. 

Go to this link and it will let you know if you can upgrade your current card without a pull. My Quicksilver was a Platinum when I got it in June

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

Message 9 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

I'm glad I saw your post. I'm gonna hold off. My income is 125k. I also have a 30 day late with Kohl's from July of 2018 which I'm trying to dispute. It's my only baddy since my BK in 2 1/2 years. Maybe I can PC for the QS with just a SP? I'm suppose to get a CLI between February and March of 2020. 

Go to this link and it will let you know if you can upgrade your current card without a pull. My Quicksilver was a Platinum when I got it in June

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

Thanks for the link! I just tried, and it said upgrade is not available. I'll just wait a year for the Savor. 

Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.