Did you mean: 

Capital one CLI, Should I?

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital one CLI, Should I?

@ToofDoc wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

I've been reading lots of CLI reports coming from CapOne card holders, and my unofficial tally suggests "requested" CLIs are kinda-sorta capped at about 10%, however, for those using their cards on a regular basis and don't ask for a CLI, the Auto-CLIs can be fairly substantial.  The kink with the Auto-CLIs is you need to let much more time elapse before you get them.

In my case, I opened a Quicksilver in December and requested a CLI in April; yup, 10%.  I don't even remotely need a higher credit limit so I'm just going to continue using the card and see what happens in the 6-month to 1-year time frame; I'll of course report back if/when something happens.

Do you spend/charge right up to your SL and pay off in full before statement cuts or do you have a monthly balance?

And what is your SL now?

I charged whatever it was I needed and when I needed it.  I don't think I ever got to the absolute top of my limit, but I got close to it a few times.  As for what I've been paying off, typically I pay each of my cards in full just prior to each due date, and then by the time the statement is cut, there may or may not be a few new charges which show both on the statement and get reported to the credit bureaus.

Regarding my credit limits, my SLs were $5,000, $3,000, and $6,000 for the TDCash, Quicksilver, and Platinum Rewards cards respectively; they're a little higher now as I've gotten a few CLIs, but honestly, I have more than enough credit than I can use in the foreseeable future.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 11 of 12
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one CLI, Should I?

Man they're stingy. I have had a platinum card with them for 5 years with a limit of 500. I just asked for an increase and they only gave me 100 more.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.