Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one verification

I filed bankruptcy.improved my credit.applied capital one.had to call for verification.in past I was denied right away. Lady said I passed and if approved for card will receive in 7 to 10 days. Do u think my odds r good?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one verification

@Anonymous wrote:
I filed bankruptcy.improved my credit.applied capital one.had to call for verification.in past I was denied right away. Lady said I passed and if approved for card will receive in 7 to 10 days. Do u think my odds r good?

Welcome to the forums.

Very difficult to tell whether you are gong to be approved or not.  Were you pre approved on their website?  We could give you a better indication of your approval chances if we knew more about your credit like existing cards and most important,y your Fico credit scores.  Good luck with your application.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy not final yet, waiting on letter. I have no credit cards and now zero debt on my credit. I applied on emonth ago and I was immediately denied right on the next screen. I was called for verification. Why would they do this just to deny you? All they asked was ss #, gave me several questions and had me pick previous address and that was it. Said I would find out in 7 to 10 days if approved or not.  Transunion 570.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure that it works this way.

Perhaps I had one of those Attorney's who graduated at the bottom of his class?

Kimberlyds2005 wrote:

Bankruptcy not final yet, waiting on letter. I have no credit cards and now zero debt on my credit. I applied one month ago and I was immediately denied right on the next screen. I was called for verification. Why would they do this just to deny you? All they asked was ss #, gave me several questions and had me pick previous address and that was it. Said I would find out in 7 to 10 days if approved or not.  Transunion 570.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, what are you referring to about doesn't work that way? I did my Chapter 7 myself and during the bankruptcy have continuously disputed creditors and they were removed. I am also in an adversary hearing to discharge student loans and hasnt even ruled in my favor, but they are removed from Transunion. I love Transunon. Easiest to deal with.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds similiar to how my bankruptcy, quite a few years ago, went as well. Our attorney filed the petition with the bankruptcy court, we had to attend a "341 hearing" and after that we waited. I believe 30 days and we received a letter in the mail stating that our bankruptcy had been discharged. It has been some time ago, but I believe that's how it went.

As far as Capital One calling for verification.. I could only guess, but I'm going to assume that a 7-10 day is a denial. While it doesn't seem to make much sense that they'd call for verification, they may not have been able to provide an accurate decision without more information, and the fact that they gave you the "7-10 day" response makes me think that they're going to deny your application. But, hopefully I'm wrong.

Let us know! And best of luck!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called to check status and I am approved!!!!  My bk chapter 7 not even discharged yet! Transunion score is 570, Experian is 560, and Equifax 513!!!!  I have zero debt though on my credit so I think that played a huge part. So excited to work my way toward that credit score of 700 my goal!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your approval!!

Message 8 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I thought you arent allowed to apply for new credit while  bsnkruptcy is still ongoing????  I thought that would be enough to deny your petition

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you hear this? I never have. I don't have to use it. It is a $300 limit. My letter for bankruptcy should come any day.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.