Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting a Lowe's after getting a 7-10 message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of getting a Lowe's after getting a 7-10 message

I just applied for a Lowe's credit card. I heard they pulled from TU almost always. I have a 640 with TU. I had my identity stolen and since up until then I didn't believe in credit, was young, and taught if I didn't have cash, do not get it. Anyways, that's not possible in America. You don't have credit, you can't get anything. Anyways, only have 2 inquiries on my report. Only have 2 cards but only 1 show on TU. The one that does show on TU is only 6 months old. But I owe nothing and always pay the card off the day I charge something. So I'm confused why I wasn't approved. Didn't want to apply for a card and not get it. Trying to build my credit. But as I was waited for an approval after applying, it popped up saying they would notify me within 7-10 days by email. Email? So that means I more than likely didn't get it, huh? Or is there a number I can call to see if they need any info, or anything to help them make them approve it? TIA! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of getting a Lowe's after getting a 7-10 message

Welcome. Most likely declined. Better chance when scores are 660+.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Donny10! I thought the same thing. Just don't know how to get it to go higher without getting more credit. Thanks again for the confirmation. I greatly appreciate it.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the Chase prequalifier. Chase seems to be approving the Freedom to alot of people with scores like yours.

I was approved for Freedom when my Experian was 620.

Check Capital One's prequalifier tool as well.
Message 4 of 15
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I was approved with an $800 limit. I called and told them that I wanted to do a home project that cost $10,000. They increased it to that amount immediately.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Donny10! I think I'm gonna wait until I finish having them delete the rest off. They just want me to confirm its me on my other reports by sending a couple of my licenses with my photo, and address, and then all 3 should be good. So I'm gonna do that and then go from there with the rest of what I need to to get all 3 with great scores.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really RaiseMyScoreASAP? Was your TU score around what mine is? And did you call them before you got the email or just waited for an answer if you don't mind me asking?
Message 7 of 15
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Check the Chase prequalifier. Chase seems to be approving the Freedom to alot of people with scores like yours.

I was approved for Freedom when my Experian was 620.

Check Capital One's prequalifier tool as well.

+1

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Donny10! Just wanted to give you an up to date about the Lowe's card. I applied last Saturday. I still haven't gotten an email stating I was denied yet. Haven't heard anything. So I assume that's probably bad news. I expected it though when I wasn't approved instantly, but still waiting to see what is said.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call credit solutions and ask for a status update. It would be great if you get approved!!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.