cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Question.

tag
Vic1

Chase Application Question.

Hey everyone! I finally got my 1st chase card back in January ( freedom unlimited) with a $5900 SL and I've been really looking at the chase sapphire preferred with the $80k offer. Would it be too soon to apply for the CSP after my approval for the CFU? Current fico scores are TU: 711 EX: 725 EQ: 730. Currently sitting at 4/24 and <1% UTL ( $25,000 total limits across all credit cards) 

TIA for any help! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Application Question.

There's nothing inherently wrong with applying for another Chase card 4 months after an approval.   You might first want to log onto your account online and see if you have a message pending as indicated by the flag at the top-left-of-center that shows you have a preapproval, or check under the "Just for You" menu. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 8
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Chase has a rule of no more than one card per 30 days, but there are others who have been approved for two Chase cards on the same day. If your 4/24, then the CSP offer would be a worthwhile HP, maybe even double HP Smiley Frustrated. I would even check, if you live near a Chase bank, in branch offers for the CSP, as they may have a higher SUB. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 3 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Vic1 wrote:

Hey everyone! I finally got my 1st chase card back in January ( freedom unlimited) with a $5900 SL and I've been really looking at the chase sapphire preferred with the $80k offer. Would it be too soon to apply for the CSP after my approval for the CFU? Current fico scores are TU: 711 EX: 725 EQ: 730. Currently sitting at 4/24 and <1% UTL ( $25,000 total limits across all credit cards) 

TIA for any help! 

$80k?  I think you mean 80k UR's not $ Smiley Happy

I'm not a Chase expert, but I think Chase likes you to wait 6 months.  You may even see a prequalification pop up at the 6 month mark.  But I wouldn't rule out applying now, if you're planning a trip or something.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 8
203bravo
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Vic1 wrote:

TIA for any help! 

$80k?  I think you mean 80k UR's not $ Smiley Happy

Oh now you went and dashed my dreams/hopes.. I was about to apply Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Janneman
Established Contributor

@SPChaser wrote:

Chase has a rule of no more than one card per 30 days, but there are others who have been approved for two Chase cards on the same day. If your 4/24, then the CSP offer would be a worthwhile HP, maybe even double HP Smiley Frustrated. I would even check, if you live near a Chase bank, in branch offers for the CSP, as they may have a higher SUB. 

I am the one got approved for two Chase cards within a week of each other...but on reconsideration.

Message 6 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

I am the one got approved for two Chase cards within a week of each other...but on reconsideration.

The actual rule for personal cards is 2 cards in a rolling 30 day window without both cards being approved on the same day, else the 2nd one will get closed in a few weeks; a search on Google for something like "Chase MDD" or "modified double dip" for an example of how that works.      Having to call in or recon for the 2nd card isn't unusual but for someone with a good profile and no 5/24 issues the odds of getting the 2 approvals aren't bad. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 8
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Janneman wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

The actual rule for personal cards is 2 cards in a rolling 30 day window without both cards being approved on the same day, else the 2nd one will get closed in a few weeks; a search on Google for something like "Chase MDD" or "modified double dip" for an example of how that works.      Having to call in or recon for the 2nd card isn't unusual but for someone with a good profile and no 5/24 issues the odds of getting the 2 approvals aren't bad. 

@coldfusion thanks for the correction 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.