Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Applications on one HP Question

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Chase Applications on one HP Question

If you apply for let's say the Chase Freedom and then apply for one of their cobranded cards like the Chase Amazon Visa, is it possible to get both on one HP if you do them in the same day? Back in August when I got approved for my Southwest card, I applied for the Amazon card then and it was automatically declined because I had made that SW application already and recon didn't really help either so I'm curious to know if it's any different with trying one of their main products first and then going for a cobranded card or vice versa. When I get that done, I'm going to move the limit of my SW card over to both cards and close it.

Edit: Please move to CC Applications section. Thanks.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Applications on one HP Question

@chalupaman wrote:

If you apply for let's say the Chase Freedom and then apply for one of their cobranded cards like the Chase Amazon Visa, is it possible to get both on one HP if you do them in the same day? Back in August when I got approved for my Southwest card, I applied for the Amazon card then and it was automatically declined because I had made that SW application already and recon didn't really help either so I'm curious to know if it's any different with trying one of their main products first and then going for a cobranded card or vice versa. When I get that done, I'm going to move the limit of my SW card over to both cards and close it.

I've done it before. Twice.

SWA/CSP

Freedom/Marriott.

Message 2 of 3
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Applications on one HP Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I've done it before. Twice.

SWA/CSP

Freedom/Marriott.

Thanks Nixon. That's exactly what I needed to know and partially why I kinda doubted that I'd have success there. That one time I tried two Chase apps was how they were both cobranded cards.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.