Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Declined?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CLI Declined?

Hello, I've had the Chase Freedom since 2010, and I've received numerous letters in the mail asking me to call in and ask for a CLI without a credit pull.

(This is my first and only Chase card)

Today I called in and asked for a CLI (HP), after disclosures and etc, put on hold for 1-2 minutes, and CSR got back with the "7-10 days letter", does that mean it's declined?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI Declined?

Generally a denial. But the rep didnt tell you for sure? Because when I asked for a cli I'm slate they said it was denied. I would get a letter. They told me my score and reasons over the phone.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would immediately call Chase (from one of their backdoor numbers listed on the FICO forums) and speak with a analyst on whether or not the CLI increase was successful and if not, you request the reasons to be explained. Generally it takes one or two times to get an answer. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would immediately call Chase (from one of their backdoor numbers listed on the FICO forums) and speak with a analyst on whether or not the CLI increase was successful and if not, you request the reasons to be explained. Generally it takes one or two times to get an answer. 

I applied at like 11pm, so I doubt they're gonna be in office till Monday ...

Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Playing the devils advocate here.. they can say kick sand and wait for the letter, but generally most UW will explain the main reasons.  I am guessing it is a denial or it would show on your account I would assume pretty much immediately if approved.

I am suprised it was declined if you were getting email/letters asking your to apply for a CLI, very weird.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually you can call chase 7 days a week. I called on a Sunday. Call at 8am EST.  888-270-2127 (Application Recon); 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst – Recon) .

Message 6 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I think it's easier to just get a new card from Chase and then reallocate some of the CL over to the Freedom if you can't get a CLI through that HP.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 9
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

+1agree. I too was declined increase. Recon 2 times no go! applied new cc AArp..Bam! $6500...Go figure..love my AArp
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a 7-10 day letter in the mail does not always mean a denial! I recently called Chase for a CLI from 6k to 15k. The CSR said she cannot tell me the decision right away and a letter will be mailed home to me.

Next day, I checked online, and I saw the new 15k credit limit! Smiley Very Happy

I think it just means that they need more manual review of your credit history.

Plus, if they offered you a CLI, I'm sure you'll get it. It may not be high, but it will increase for sure. Keep us updated!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.