cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

NeedHelp1831

Chase CLI

Hello all,

I have had my Chase Freedom since 2016 and my credit limit has been $500 the whole time.  I started out with them with a score in the mid 600's.  I then lost my job and credit went to the tank.  Kept up on this card the whole time and never been late, but kept a higher balance during those few years.  Beginning in 2020 I paid in in full every month and have removed my collections, added a mortgage to my credit and scores are in the upper 600's.  I don't have much interest in any other credit right now other than increasing this and a few other cards.  I have a decent amount of recent inquires as I got the mortgage and a auto loan and a few credit cards.  Is now a good time to ask for some type of CLI?  TIA

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar

Re: Chase CLI

@NeedHelp1831 wrote:

Hello all,

I have had my Chase Freedom since 2016 and my credit limit has been $500 the whole time.  I started out with them with a score in the mid 600's.  I then lost my job and credit went to the tank.  Kept up on this card the whole time and never been late, but kept a higher balance during those few years.  Beginning in 2020 I paid in in full every month and have removed my collections, added a mortgage to my credit and scores are in the upper 600's.  I don't have much interest in any other credit right now other than increasing this and a few other cards.  I have a decent amount of recent inquires as I got the mortgage and a auto loan and a few credit cards.  Is now a good time to ask for some type of CLI?  TIA

Based on the last bolded statement, I personally would hold off. Just keep in mind that Chase will HP for a CLI request.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.