Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney approval odds - LOW AAOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Disney approval odds - LOW AAOA

I want to apply for the Disney Rewards Visa Card (no AF). I know the reward dollars aren't great - I'm more interested in it for the perks (dining, merch etc.). 

I only VERY recently started getting any kind of credit (I'm only 20). I don't want to apply if there is no chance of me being apprived - don't want to waste the HP.

Score is in the low 700s. Utilization is below 10%. No missed payments. The issue is this - AAOA is only 8 months... Is it worth trying?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Disney approval odds - LOW AAOA

If your longest account age is at least a year, then it would be worth trying.

Message 2 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

If you are denied, call the recon line.  The reps there are pretty forthcoming about why you were denied and what they are looking for.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would doing so cause another HP or do they just work with you based on what they found initially? 

Message 4 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

VickieB81 wrote:  Would doing so cause another HP or do they just work with you based on what they found initially? 

Hard to say.  I've heard of a second pull, but they used the same one for me.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I think I'll give it a shot. Worst case I at least know where I need to get before I would be considered.

Message 6 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Message 7 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Best of luck, and hoping for good news!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a long process but finally getting there!

I was denied originally (no suprise there). Called the recon line and they wouldn't even review my credit report for me. They said I was denied due to not enough accounts on file and there was nothing they could do. 

Thought maybe that person was just having a bad day so I called again and spoke to a different person that said the same exact thing.

I found an alternative recon number on the backdoor numbers list on this forum (the one listed as credit analyst) and called today. Rep was super friendly and reviewed my report. 30 minutes and a bunch of questions later and she said she was recommending me for approval! 

Only a $500 starting credit limit but I'm still very happy considering my small credit history! Hoping it's something I can get increased as I show them I'm able to handle using it responsibly. Very happy Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help everyone!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Its a start and hoping you can get more with them after this.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.