cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Odds (Less than a year history)

tag
Matthew1551
Established Member

Chase Freedom Odds (Less than a year history)

My oldest credit card (according to the bureaus) was opened in January. I also have had a chase bank account that I don't touch often, as I keep everything in another account. I opened the Chase account (student account = free) back in May for the bonus and to have a local bank since my other account is in a digital bank. I was reading that having a bank account with chase greatly increases your chances.

What are my odds for applying and getting approved for the Chase Freedom?

Credit Karma: 733 TransUnion, 717 Equifax

FICO 8: 715 TransUnion

Income: Student (~$16,000)

Credit Cards:

• PayPal Credit (not credit card, but reports as a credit card for some reason) January 2019, $750 limit
  • Discover It March 2019, $1,000 Limit
  • Deserve Edu June 2019, $300 Limit
  • Apple Card August 2019, $1,000 Limit <- DOES NOT REPORT
Current Wallet:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Odds (Less than a year history)

Relationship does help, ALOT. did you try looking on your phone/CPU portals to see if you prequalify. Secondly you can also go to a branch to talk to a rep directly to see if any offers exist with your account. Definitely want to look at for chase 5/24 rule(no more than 5 cards in 24mths) as you are sitting right there......Good lunch my friend
Message 2 of 9
Matthew1551
Established Member

I'll check to see if I prequalify. The PayPal Credit was never supposed to report to the credit bureaus but with the recent acquisition by Synchrony, it now does. Was not anticipating that, so put me into a sticky place with my 5/24 number. Definitely have to get my feet wet with a Chase card right away. 

Current Wallet:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion your best bet will be to go in since you dont have much history to see if you have any offers(if nothing comes up with online prequalify). The rep in branch seems in my exp to have more access to offers than just a cold app.
Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome to the forums

I'd ease up on the relationship theory a bit. I've banked with Chase for over 10 years, and it was WaMu prior to that.
Two mortgages, both paid under two years, and a few cars (cant remember the number)
My first application for CC was denied for lack of history with revolving accounts.
Unless you're planning on dropping some millions and waiting for a call, I would not hold my breath.

If your profile and income justifies an approval, you dont need a "relationship".

With that said, you have brand new profile and 4 new accounts under a year, with toy limits. Stop applying and let your accounts age.
If you're approved, the terms will be terrible at best.
Dont get caught up in application hype any more than you already are.
If you choose to apply, good luck and hopefully there will be an approval thread
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 cards 1 year......

I wouldn't.  I would wait until the youngest hits a year and then tackle Chase or anyone else.  Moving too fast will have unpleasant results.

Message 6 of 9
StillKicking
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Relationship does help, ALOT. did you try looking on your phone/CPU portals to see if you prequalify. Secondly you can also go to a branch to talk to a rep directly to see if any offers exist with your account. Definitely want to look at for chase 5/24 rule(no more than 5 cards in 24mths) as you are sitting right there......Good lunch my friend

Hey Who Dat,

CPU portals <-- What Dat?

Fico 8 Scores 10-19-20
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol (spell check)typing too fast, meant laptop or computer version
Message 8 of 9
StillKicking
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol (spell check)typing too fast, meant laptop or computer version

Ah. And here I was thinking it was some kind of secret portal. Lol.

Fico 8 Scores 10-19-20
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.