cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Application (6 months AAoA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited Application (6 months AAoA)

Hello all,
I’ve recently been trying to build credit as I moved back to the US after going to college abroad and I’ve been trying to build up credit. I opened a checking account with Chase 7 months ago and it’s my primary bank for direct deposits. I’ve been wanting to apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, but many on the forums say that Chase wants around 1 year of history.

I’ve checked my credit report and scores on Experian for all three and they report my AAoA as 4.7 years with all three scores hovering around 750-760.

(I have two AU cards, one 11 years old, another 1 yr 4 months, and my own card is 7 months)

However, when I checked myFico, my credit score only factors in cards under my name which is the Discover It Secured card which is 7 months old.

My income is at 100k, and I was wondering what the likelihood of being approved for the CFU card is since I’m assuming when Chase does a HP, what gets reported is my AAoA will be 7 months rather than the 4 yrs 7 months with the authorized users.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Application (6 months AAoA)

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,
I’ve recently been trying to build credit as I moved back to the US after going to college abroad and I’ve been trying to build up credit. I opened a checking account with Chase 7 months ago and it’s my primary bank for direct deposits. I’ve been wanting to apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, but many on the forums say that Chase wants around 1 year of history.

I’ve checked my credit report and scores on Experian for all three and they report my AAoA as 4.7 years with all three scores hovering around 750-760.

(I have two AU cards, one 11 years old, another 1 yr 4 months, and my own card is 7 months)

However, when I checked myFico, my credit score only factors in cards under my name which is the Discover It Secured card which is 7 months old.

My income is at 100k, and I was wondering what the likelihood of being approved for the CFU card is since I’m assuming when Chase does a HP, what gets reported is my AAoA will be 7 months rather than the 4 yrs 7 months with the authorized users.

Great job on the credit score, I thnk you have a chance but i'm not expert. I think everyone case is different but I found this link in another post that could help you https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/which-credit-bureau-does-chase-pull/

Message 2 of 6
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

You will have a Better chance by opening a checking acct first with Chase

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 3 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@mrfufoppss wrote:
You will have a Better chance by opening a checking acct first with Chase

Op stated there has been an acct open for 7 months. I think chances could go either way. If you are fine with the risk of a possible denial and HP, go for it. After 1 year I think it is pretty likely given there are no negatives or high utilization that occurs by then. 

Message 4 of 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

You should probably wait til your primary account reaches its 1 year mark unless you receive a preapproval offer in your Chase portal prior to that - many have gotten around their "rules" through offers received in their banking portals.

Chase ignored my AU when I apped and denied based on the low age of my primary accounts - which were under a year at the time. I did not bank with them either tho so had no existing relationship. I recommend you wait it out - it's only a few more months.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 6
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

In branch pre approvals are also a very strong indicator. If you need the card sooner than when your main card hits 1 year stop in branch and ask a banker
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.