Did you mean: 

Chase IHG denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IHG denial

@Anonymous wrote:
They didn't offer me any pre approval.
Just called in again, with special consideration, they still turned me down due to my income. Maybe should i decrease my amex cl a little bit? The credit/income ratio might be too high. Though, according to Chase, money from family doesn't count as income at all.

Are you over 21? then you should be able to include your family money especially if you are entitle to use it. I am a benefitor from my family assets and income and i use it all the time and the bank knows about it too and they said that is100% fine. They even said as long as I have the access to my family income/money/assets I can use it as income for credit cards. However, if you are under 21, then you will need your own income to provide I think, although i am not 100% sure. Anyway, your best bet is wait until it out abit. Also... dont try to reduce the CL on Amex, there is no grantee that they will aprove you if you do that >< unless you have like something on paper stating it from the bank, i wouldnt do it.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and good luck, let us know what happen k?

Message 12 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Decreasing your AMEX limit won't help TBH...  Chase has a min. income they want to see on your app. to approve you is what they are saying.. What is your income approx. if you don't mind me asking?   AMEX tends to love thin files and people in college with good or new credit history.  So long story short decreasing your limit on the AMEX will not help.

Message 13 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just called in again, with special consideration, they still turned me down due to my income. Maybe should i decrease my amex cl a little bit? The credit/income ratio might be too high. Though, according to Chase, money from family doesn't count as income at all.

Are you over 21? then you should be able to include your family money especially if you are entitle to use it. I am a benefitor from my family assets and income and i use it all the time and the bank knows about it too and they said that is100% fine. They even said as long as I have the access to my family income/money/assets I can use it as income for credit cards. However, if you are under 21, then you will need your own income to provide I think, although i am not 100% sure. Anyway, your best bet is wait until it out abit. Also... dont try to reduce the CL on Amex, there is no grantee that they will aprove you if you do that >< unless you have like something on paper stating it from the bank, i wouldnt do it.

You are quoting the card act of 2009 by 21 years of age.. Also the lender after 21 can make their own rules whether you can include you family income or not (so you are right there).. I dare you to try to include you family income on an Amex account,that would be asking for a FRSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Decreasing your AMEX limit won't help TBH...  Chase has a min. income they want to see on your app. to approve you is what they are saying.. What is your income approx. if you don't mind me asking?   AMEX tends to love thin files and people in college with good or new credit history.  So long story short decreasing your limit on the AMEX will not help.

I put on my cc app that my income is 25k, it's just money that my family gives to me every year for spending, room & board etc. Chase might just be unhappy to see that low income. Smiley Sad

and i am still under 21

Message 15 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

25k isn't bad... I am surpised you are getting this response from them.. Many people on this forum make around 25-35k and have 5-10k credit lines on many issuer's cards..  What is your DTI ratio, any idea?  I don't think income is what is stopping you..

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

25k isn't bad... I am surpised you are getting this response from them.. Many people on this forum make around 25-35k and have 5-10k credit lines on many issuer's cards..  What is your DTI ratio, any idea?  I don't think income is what is stopping you..

i am not sure I correctly understand the DTI ratio. but I live in dorm, i paid my car in full. Not sure what else might count as debt. I keep my utilization under 30% most times .

And since CSR told me that money from family doesn't count as income. My income is practically 0

Message 17 of 25
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

i am not sure I correctly understand the DTI ratio. but I live in dorm, i paid my car in full. Not sure what else might count as debt. I keep my utilization under 30% most times .

And since CSR told me that money from family doesn't count as income. My income is practically 0

Don't tell where the money comes from.....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh btw, what IGH card are u applying? the one with the AF or without? the one with AF is signature version it needs 5k min line to start may be thats why there is an issue with income. Try the non-AF one? just trying to figure out why they wouldnt give you lol. or like above posters said dont say where it comes from...

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are quoting the card act of 2009 by 21 years of age.. Also the lender after 21 can make their own rules whether you can include you family income or not (so you are right there).. I dare you to try to include you family income on an Amex account,that would be asking for a FRSmiley Happy

heh, i never have actual amex credit card i mean the one with pay over time lol mine is just a gold charge card, got it when i was 19 ages ago lol I applied once like a few years back from blue cash back card? did not get it since then never try again lol im happy with my bank chase cards. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.