Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Boundless application question

tag
fleetfoot
Valued Member

Chase Marriott Boundless application question

I'm seeking advice as to how to apply for a Chase Marriott Boundless card.  I received my first Chase card this January after having been blacklisted by them since defaulting on several Chase cards in 2012.  My plan is to wait until my Freedom Flex is 13 months old.  Until then I will be laying low without any applications and diligently paying all cards in full.  Next February when I want to apply, I will be 1/24.   I will be watching the "Just for You" offerings on the Chase app.  My question is this - Am I better off clicking on the "Just for You" offer on Chase's website OR applying through the Marriott Bonvoy website?  Or am I better off applying through TPG website or just cold applying?  I am wondering if there is any advantage to an existing Bonvoy member applying through the Marriott website, much like the shopping cart trick I've read about.  Any personal experiences or thoughts would be appreciated.

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Marriott Boundless application question

@fleetfoot wrote:

I'm seeking advice as to how to apply for a Chase Marriott Boundless card.  I received my first Chase card this January after having been blacklisted by them since defaulting on several Chase cards in 2012.  My plan is to wait until my Freedom Flex is 13 months old.  Until then I will be laying low without any applications and diligently paying all cards in full.  Next February when I want to apply, I will be 1/24.   I will be watching the "Just for You" offerings on the Chase app.  My question is this - Am I better off clicking on the "Just for You" offer on Chase's website OR applying through the Marriott Bonvoy website?  Or am I better off applying through TPG website or just cold applying?  I am wondering if there is any advantage to an existing Bonvoy member applying through the Marriott website, much like the shopping cart trick I've read about.  Any personal experiences or thoughts would be appreciated.

No, there really isn't any advantage whatsoever whether you apply as an existing member via the Marriott/Bonvoy site or directly with Chase. The only time it may matter is *if* there is a pre-approved offer via Marriot/Bonvoy for a particular card (rare) or if the Chase "Just for you" displays a Marriott/Bonvoy pre-approved offer (green star/black star -- also rare). Otherwise, absent of any pre-approved offers, it makes no difference.

Message 2 of 3
fleetfoot
Valued Member

Re: Chase Marriott Boundless application question

Thank you FinStar.  I'll watch for a green or black star on the Just for You tab. When I reach my goal date of February, if there is no green or black star I will wait for a good SUB and then apply either on Marriott's or Chase's website. 

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.